Used 2012 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

solid car
By Dave Blynn

2012 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable, great daily driver, easy entry and exit all four doors.

My second 2012 Scion xB
By Andre

2012 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a used 2012 Scion of a 1.5 year and loved it so much I purchased another. The little Wagon has great interior head and leg room in the front & rear. The gas mileage was a little lower than I thought it would be. But that is to be expected with a box shaped vehicle. There must be a paint problem with this style because both 2012 Scion required roof the be repainted.

The best overall vehicle I have ever had
By Victor Capen

2012 Scion xB Release Series 9.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One of the best handling, efficient, goes like hell vehicles you would ever want (due to the Camry engine). I have hauled more stuff on my numerous trips between Scottsdale, AZ and Los Angeles on the I 10 freeway (75 to 85 mph in AZ and 70 to 80 mph in CA). I know that Scion has now been incorporated into the general Toyota brands but, if you get a chance to drive one you will be pleasantly surprised.

Great value and space for the price
By tyson evans

2012 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Amazing on gas, well equipped, gets the job done, and room for our kids and all their stuff!

Scion xB is the Champion of the Boxy Cars!
By Gary P. Klinger

2012 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In terms of overall quality, value, reliability and space, this car is unbeatable. I should know! I've owned five (yes 5) of them. I've owned a 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010 and 2012. Of them all, I still own the 2004 and 2012. Surprisingly, the 2012 is the one I am least satisfied with. Just AFTER the warranty my electric door locks stopped working and Toyota took a "tough luck" position on it and handing a several hundred dollar quote to repair them. This after purchasing 6 Scions and 3 Toyotas over the past 11 years. I love these cars and their value, reliability, ride and overall quality. However, now that Scion has discontinued the xB and Toyota has discontinued Scion, I'm thinking I may have to take a "tough luck" position with Toyota and look toward Subaru or Honda for my next car.

Update. Recently I was involved in a car crash involving my 2004 xB. I was hit from behind by a huge Dodge hemi truck which was traveling at 50 mph. Traffic came to a complete stop in the truck did not see me stop. WhIle sadly my toaster is toast I have a newfound respect for the integrity of my cars.

However: I am still quite annoyed that my 2012 has door locks that stopped working and Toyota could care less about me as a customer even after buying all these Toyotas and scions. I would expect my doorlock to quit so soon on a lesser quality cheaper product on the market. But not a Toyota product. And I would expect crappier Service and a similar attitude from the lesser brands on the market but not from Toyota. With Scion now dead if this is all better TOYOTA cares about their loyal customers it makes me feel like perhaps I owe them nothing and should look at their competitors for my next car!