Used 2019 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...43

Pros
Cons

2019 Laramie 5.7 HEMI w/E-torque 4x4, fully loaded

Ron, 03/15/2019
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

First off, truck is nice looking, good power, spacious, great tech. Bought truck in Oct. 2018, 1 month later November, truck shut down electrically as if battery had died; Tow truck arrived thinking battery dead, but battery jumper showed full power to battery. Towed to Ram dealer, 1st time. Day 3 called back stating they still don't know what it is...couple hours later dealer called and stated was d/t glue melting around battery terminals. Me thinking to myself, "wtf? I've never heard of that?" So we p/u truck. Now a month later, Christmas Eve while shopping @3:30pm, truck shuts down again, tow truck arrives 1.5hrs later, truck taken to dealer, but service closes at 5pm, Service to see truck until Monday 26th; 4 days later 2nd time to dealer, dealer states they didn't completely clean glue off from terminals, so "now its good, won't happen again", truck p/u again. A little after a month, now Feb 2019, truck shuts down again for 3rd time, sent back to dealer. Informed dealer that we do not want truck anymore. Called corporate, opened a case, about 3 weeks later, received email that FCA will be repurchasing the truck and monthly payments to be given back. Other notes: Harmon Kardon 19-speaker sound upgrade. If you're buying a $55,000+ truck, you would expect to have crazy sounds for 19 speakers, right? Wrong. You could turn the volume to max and can still speak to each other without yelling. The sound quality is great, but sound volume sorry to say, sucks! Also, entertainment system does not save radio stations. About 2 days later, seems to always reset; again, sucks! Wind noise. Coming back from Vegas, strong winds making a whistling noise inside cabin was loud and overpowering the radio! It seemed to be coming in from behind dashboard somewhere. Other than that, the RAM was great, but not sure if will purchase another until ALL testing and recalls completed by RAM. I think RAM might have pushed out truck too early without the required testing.

So far, not bad

Mike, 10/24/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

It does shift funny and flunks, hates going slow. Amazing interior, ride and sexy as hell on the exterior. I haven't had leaking, nav issues but do agree AC isn't cold enough. Volume on stereo is weak as well. Overall I love this truck, I get compliments everyday BUT only 4250 miles, we shall see. The transmission scares me.

First time Ram Owner 2019 RAM Rebel 5.7 etorque.

Jason Tanner, 10/10/2018
Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought my 2019 Rebel 8/9/2019 drove it for 9 days and on 8/18/2018 check engine light, battery light and auto start/stop light came on. Battery gauge was at 8 volts. I had it towed to dealer on 8/20/2019. My truck has been at dealer since it was towed to them on 8/20/2018. As of today 10/10/2018 it has been at dealer for 52 days. I would not recommend anyone buy a Chrysler product as their customer service is not what they claim it to be. They say customer satisfaction is top priority. Well I can tell you I am not very satisfied. I called Chrysler on 9/18/2018 after it had been at dealership for 30 days to file a lemon law claim. I also sent them a certified letter demanding lemon law. I have called Chrysler multiple time since filing a claim and I am told some one will contact me in 24-48hrs. I have yet to hear from anyone. I know I will never purchase another Chrysler product again.

“Brand new” big horn ram 1500 2019

Mr.roy, 03/04/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Since buying this truck the same day out the dealership my left fog light would flicker in and off immediately took it back the next day got it fixed, a wiring issue, next issue about a month owning the truck it won’t start one Sunday morning no lights come on my key fob don’t work eaither tried jump start and nothing so I stopped messing with it and then about 4 hrs later I try again and everything comes on like nothing happened to it, I take it back to the dealer again and they just say it was an electrical issue and they updated the system, and then exactly 1 month later on a 2/4/19 it won’t start again trying to go to work and this truck won’t turn on for nothing I have to call mopar care to get it towed to the dealership they look at it and get it to run only by smacking the power distribution component but once you turn it off it won’t start again so this part will take 3-4 days to come In and the dealership doesn’t have any loaners and I would have to buy a rental and then Chrysler would reimburse me back but on 35 dollars a day when a small little gas saver car is the cheapest at 55 dollars a day and keep in mind probably like 5 times while on the phone with mopar customer “care” while speaking with them they hung up like 3 times and the other 2 times they would start the process all over and then act like they don’t care and just try to get me off the phone with them and one person I talked to said they don’t have rental cars on mopar care which it clearly is included in the vehicle protection plan you get when you purchase for the mopar care I just don’t feel it’s right for me to put anymore money towards a rental even if it’s reimbursed like they want me to that’s exactly why you buy a new vehicle so you won’t have any problems I didn’t ask for my truck not to start!!!

2019 Ram 1500 problems

Not To Happy, 11/13/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Well so far it had a really loud noise coming from under the hood like something was stuck in the fan, shut off checked under hood, nothing found, restart noise gone. Twice now when put in drive engine just races like its in neutral, moving shifter back in fourth to get in gear does not always work. Rear brake support slams on brakes when baking up when nothing around, ( I shut it off). When you come to a stop once in awhile the truck leaps forward like you just got rear ended in a crash. This thing is haunted, its has a lot of flaws, I'm am a 10 time Ram owner. This is a $54,885 truck. It rides Great, fuel mileage is not great, best stereo I ever heard. I hope they can get it fixed, so far dealer checked for codes, none found, no service bulletin's either. Love the new design and I know all new stuff has bugs, keeping my fingers crossed.

12345...43