Used 2019 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...43

Pros
Cons

Love my 2019 Laramie Longhorn but worried

Paul the Ram Guy, 11/16/2018
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Drove home October13th 2019 in new Ram Laramie Longhorn, very pleased with my new truck. Now with 2,120 miles on the truck, not quite five weeks later I am concerned I've got a problem. On five different occasions the vehicle would not shift out of first gear. In each case I was stopped at a stop sign or red light and making a left turn. Upon starting up and turning the transmission remained in first gear, motor revving 4,000 - 4,500 RPM or so, until I realized I had a problem. I lifted my foot off the accelerator and let the truck slow down, it was still in first gear, almost came to a full stop, tried to slowly accelerate but still no shift. I brought the truck to a full stop, then slowly accelerated again, still no shift out of first gear. I again came to a full stop, this time put the selector knob into Park, then back into Drive mode and accelerated and the transmission worked fine. After the first four episodes I called the dealership and took the truck in the same day. First thing the service rep did is check for a OBD code, no code was generated. Dealership had it for four days and could not replicate the problem. Since I've had the truck back one more episode has occurred. Now I'm not sure where to turn. Also, one other thing should mention every time this happened it was at night

Broke Down Before I Could Get it Off The Lot

Lee, 12/29/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Went to pick up my new 2019 Ram Limited. Unfortunately 4 wheel drive doesn't work. During orientation by salesperson he couldn't get 4 wheel drive to work. Couldn't buy it. Probably a blessing in disguise. I checked government recall website and it already has more than i'ts fair share of complaints. Looks like Chrysler's bad reputation for quality lives on.

VEHICAL SHUTS DOWN WHILE DRIVING

Owens, 06/15/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My truck is three months old, and the first week I purchased the vehicle it shut down while I was driving it. This situation has now occured four (4) times, and the last time while I was on the highway. At this point I am scared to drive the truck, and leave it parked most of the time. has anyone else experienced these problems with their new designed 2019 1500 RAM 5.7 hemi 4x4 truck.

Never again

Brad Lucas, 06/10/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Less than 6000 miles on a 2019 Ram and the transmission started to squeal. The dealership said they had to replace the transmission and that it was on back order. One month later still on back order. This is my first Ram as I heard many good things about them.....and it will be my last.

Gave up on the 2019 Ram 1500.

TM, 09/15/2019
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have owned 3 Ram 1500’s with no issues. All great trucks. I fell for the new Ram design and have not had a reliable truck to drive for the past 12 months. Mind you, I have now had Three New rams during this time. August of ‘18, purchased the all new Ram 1500, 2019. Trucks warning lights went off two days after driving it off the lot. Took it in. Next day picked it up and was told they just needed to reset a code. Before I got home, the warning lights come on again, lighting up like a Christmas tree. Dealer kept for two weeks. Got it back, brakes began squealing loudly. Took it in and the dealer could not correct until the service bulletin was issued. Really? I had to listen to this for 3 months. Next, leaky sunroof. Why, the drain plug was not closed properly when built. Got rid of it. Drove home another 2019 1500. Well it had mold in it. The driver side mirror rattled. Found 9 screws in the backseat under the mat that had not been used. I ended up with a new ‘18 Ram 2500. The 4x4 serve light now comes on. Took it in, they fixed it. Replaced transfer case. Drove home and bingo, 4x4 serve light. Took it back. Replaced a module. Drove down the road and bing, 4x4 serv light is back on. It’s now back in the dealer. Going three weeks without my truck. I am done with Ram.

12345...43