Used 2019 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...43

Pros
Cons

Don’t get the etorque!!!

Chris, 10/20/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Check the forums, I should have. The etorque system fails really quickly. Parts are not available on any kind of reasonable time frame. Dealership can only say “it comes from a vendor so we don’t know”. Many people reporting this issue at less than 2k miles. I have no idea when mine will be fixed, and there is no way for the dealership to find out. 🤨. I love the ram but am very unhappy with this one.

Don't Get Sucked in by the Looks and Comfort

Jeff, 05/03/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I can't in good conscience give this truck more than three stars due to reliability issues. Let me explain. The all new 2019 Ram 1500 is beautifully designed and engineered as long as you are wanting to spend $58,000 on a piece of yard art. I hope that you enjoy spending a lot of time at your local dealership where you purchased it because it will either be sitting in your yard or at the dealership. I purchased mine on 1/18/19 which was the day the problems began. I noticed a damaged trim piece and I called it to the salespersons attention who in turn got the body shop manager involved. They said they would take care of the issue. When we went to sign the papers no we owe for the trim piece. Oh yeah, I forgot about that, after reminding them the paperwork was filled out. Well, it only took 3 times of ordering the part and trips to the dealer to get the proper piece put on. No big deal, its installed. The real problems started six days after I purchased the truck. Here comes the first recall in the mail. This one has to do with an intermittent steering failure due to a faulty ground connection. No parts in stock. Have to order it. Parts comes in, I have to take it back to have the work performed. Then almost 30 days later here comes the second recall notice in the mail. This one was for the brake pedal that could possibly fall off if you use the adjustable pedals. Again, no parts in stock. Have to order and be put on a waiting list. After several calls to FCA, and being hung up on one of those times, I was told that the repair parts were being issued to dealers in limited quantities. Can’t slow down production to take care of current customer issues, now can we? FCA advised me in the meantime, just don’t use the adjustable pedals. Of course, I already had, and the vehicle will be safe to drive. I don’t know about you but I’m not willing to risk driving a vehicle that the brake pedal could possibly fall off of because a customer service rep from FCA tells me it’s safe. I still haven’t been able to figure out how intermittent steering loss and the possibly of your brake pedal falling off is safe but I digress. FCA did give me four free oil changes for my trouble. SCORE!!! Then the front brakes would squeal terribly during stopping. Apparently, this is a known issue as there is a service bulletin on the condition. The solution, replace both front brake calipers and pads. That’s right, all new front brakes. Mind you there are only 2300 miles on the truck. Most of which was going to and from the dealer. The other issue is the speed adjustable volume can barely be heard at all. Why is the volume adjustment inadequate you ask? The reason the service advisor gave me was because the active noise control module is interfering with the speed adjustable volume. FCA has designed two systems that interfere with each other and installed them on a vehicle. The current solution to this? Use the steering wheel controls to adjust the volume. Service said they tested other 2019 Ram’s on the lot and they all display the same condition so it’s not really a problem. By that logic if every engine explodes at 5000 miles then it’s not really a problem because hey, they all do it. I spent an extra $4,595.00 for the level 2 equipment group and another $1,095.00 for the 12-inch display and this is the answer I get. Completely unacceptable. I have been buying Dodge Ram’s since 2001, which is still on the road, and this by far is the worst Ram I have ever purchased. Three months in with these many issues I don’t want to think of what is next. If you are in need of a new truck now, stay as far away from the Ram as possible. I should have gone with my gut feeling and spent the extra money and bought the Ford. Save yourself a lot of time and trouble and buy something else. Time to see if I can get FCA to hang up on me again.

2019 Ram Rear Bed Defect

No more Rams, 07/03/2019
Big Horn/Lone Star 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Beware the Ram and its rear bed assembly! My daughter's truck has a gap where two bed seems are supposed to join. She didn't notice it until several days post purchase. She informed the dealer and Fiat. Fiat will not replace the bed! The dealer would like to see it replaced but does not want to bare the cost. The dealer inventoried the lot and stated 40% of the Rams have the same defect! After several months of stalling and just wearing down my daughter, she agreed to basically a bubble gum and duct tape fix. She needed the truck returned to her for her business. An attorney was a thought but go expensive for what was going to be a much longer battle. This gap between the seams of the bed was wide enough to see the ground underneath! 40% are defects so beware! Bring back Chrysler to American ownership and know how please!

Transmission went after 200 miles

Dave, 01/31/2019
Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Drove this truck for exactly 5 days. Transmission completely went out. Dealer told me it was a fluid leak. Drove at 2 miles after picking it back up from service and the whole thing went again. Wouldn’t come out of first gear. 212 miles on the truck total. Now I’m told transmissions are on back order and I have no date when I will get the truck back.

Didn't Make it a Month

Tree, 03/15/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

We brought our truck on February 21, 2019. Loved the features and the color. So did our friends, family and neighbors. We did all of our upgrades (tinted windows, trifold top etc.) By March 14, 2019 less than 2k miles in we have no truck. Around March 8th we kept getting messages that certain safety features like (lane keep assist, remote engine start/stop and hybrid features etc) were either disabled or not working. These warnings all occurred through no fault of our own. I chalked it up to is was a new vehicle and just needed to work the bugs out. Then the navigation would only work offline. I figured maybe it was a video or something we could watch to show what we were doing wrong. Then today the check engine light came on. It was immediately taken to the dealership. We were only told there is a hit on it and we would need to be put in a loaner. I had not seen the reviews that stated others had gone through the same thing. The majority of the reviews stated that Rams were the best and very reliable. I ventured away from my usual Honda brand and today I regret it more than ever. I guess you get what you pay for but this was not exactly cheap. I haven't even made my first payment and already feel like I have wasted my money. I hope we do not have to wait forever for a fix or have to repeatedly return the truck to the shop. But I have to admit that only 1,400 miles in and already up for repairs does not give me much hope. Buyer Beware.

12345...43