Used 2014 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Best SUV of a dying breed
By Terry

2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This isn't a vehicle built for long trips with the family and pets unless you're going somewhere off the beaten path. I've had 3 XTerras to get to the one I have now. My first one was a step below the Off Road version in 2010. I bought it used drove it for about 18 months and traded it for a new 2011 PRO-4X. I drove this one for about 3 years until I was able to order one exactly the way I wanted it. I never had any problems with the first 2 of any type. I had it serviced when it was due and the dealership where I bought both of them took very good care of my vehicle and me as well. I ordered a 2014 PRO-4X in late April of 2014 and took delivery of it on Father's day weekend in June. It's the only one like it in the state with the exception of one other PRO-4X. The owner of that one lives on the other side of the state. It has been very dependable, it's gotten me anywhere I've wanted to go and it has not snowed enough yet to stop her. I dud put B.F. Goodrich KO2 All Terrain T/A's on it. The dealership where I bought it will take it back in trade in a heart beat. The President of the dealership said he has people lined up waiting for the day i trade bit in, it'll never make the lot.

review
By jack thomsen

2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Car is great four wheeler.

Overall Satisfied, but not blown away
By bgebsxterra

2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck because I wanted an SUV with 4WD or AWD that also had a manual transmission. I've only had it for 4 months and haven't had a chance to really test the off road capabilities. It is comfortable enough, but the interior is pretty cheap looking. For 2014 the Xterra Pro-4X gets the new Nissan Connect Infotainment system which works flawlessly. The Rofkford-Fosgate stereo is a little bit too bassy but overall sounds very good. Fuel economy is disappointing. Overall, I do enjoy driving it, and I at least have the feeling that I could take it anywhere. For the price, and the options this truck is difficult to beat.

Infotainment System is awesome. It works flawlessly with my Android phone and the voice recognition is very intuitive and accurate. Buttons are easy to find and use. (Much better than my girlfriend's '10 Maxima.) Heated seats are a great option and work very well. Ride height is great. Side steps for roof rack access are awesome. Very easy to put items on the roof. I love the little basket on the top too. I've used it far more often than I'd have ever guessed. My dog threw up on a blanket on a long trip. I didn't have to throw out the blanket because of the basket on the top.

Fuel economy. I understand that we're talking about a ladder frame which adds rigidity and weight, which hurts fuel economy. But why is it that V8 trucks can get better fuel economy. Not to mention that this thing is rated at 20mpg highway? Genuinely, I'd love for someone to show me how to get that extra fuel economy. I'd like to have seen the fob integrated into the key, rather than the separate key and fob, which takes up more space in my pocket. Push button start would be even better. Also the instrument panel and climate controls are pretty dated. The climate controls actually took some getting used to because you actually press the bottom of the button in, not the whole button.