Used 2011 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

WHERE IS MY $100.00 GAS CARD???
By Kenneth Powell

2011 Nissan Titan SV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Be sure dealer puts you in to the Edmunds' gas caed.

Reliability of My Nissan
By Gil

2011 Nissan Titan SV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the Nissan titian in 2005 and I wanted to review to let other people know that this is a solid truck. I did regular oil changes every 3000 mile since they were free for life as long as I own the truck What a great deal right. I owned it for 11 years never had one issue with this truck other then putting in one new battery. My family are lake people so we pull our 26 foot tritoon from Kansas city to lake of the Ozarks Mo. about 10 to 15 times each summer Which is about 165 mile one way. The truck handles it with no issues still have plenty of power but braking with this heavy load is OK could be better. I did sell the truck last week because I wanted the new Titian what a awesome truck this will probably be my last truck if the new one is as great as my last one. I will miss not having a truck payment but I am pleased so far with the new titian. I have owned at one time all of the big three brand trucks and would but the titian up against them any day.

bad truck
By Rodney

2011 Nissan Titan SV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 Nissan Titan sv and since day one its been in and out of the shop 6 months out of 11 months that I have had the truck nothing but problems they changed the ecu and wiring harness it still was doing the same thing then they found out that it has a miss fire in the number 2 cylinder, they did the heads gasket twice each time it got worse, then they sent out the head for the values to be replaced. Then they found out it was the motor. As of 7/8/2016 they are putting in a new motor so we will see if and when I get my truck back. I have lost money and jobs because of this. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT GOING TO PEORIA NISSAN IN ARIZONA. They sold me a lemon. Oh and by the way Peoria Nissan told me my truck was fine every time I brought it in so I finally took it to Avondale Nissan to have them look at and there it seat getting fixed. Thanks for selling me a bad truck Nissan Rodney S.

Great Truck for the price
By smoothnuke

2011 Nissan Titan PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck a little over 3 years ago now and overall it has exceeded my expectations in all aspects. I bought the Pro4x brand new for $28,400 just $400 more than the SV model and I am glad I did. I have used every feature on the vehicle and have had no problems. As of now I do not tow anything regularly, I have towed up to 9000 lbs without any problems at all. I have never gotten stuck in snow/mud and I have definitely put it to the test. The locking rear in 4 low will go through anything. I have put this truck up against many other comparable models and it has out performed time and time again.

I have used the locking rear on many occasions and it does an amazing job. The shift on the fly 4wd makes it very easy to get out slick situations very quickly. The truck does a great job in off road scenarios. It is very roomy in the cab which allows for hauling many people easily.

One major suggestion would be to get rid of the BF Goodrich AT tires that come stock at 28k miles the tread was worn almost completely bald (even with rotation) Cooper AT3 is has a much better tread, is more affordable, and is an aesthetically pleasing tire. The drivers side backup light burnt out at 2 years, which was an easy fix, just annoying. My battery died at around a year and a half, which is the one thing not covered under warranty, it was a 120 dollar fix to get a replacement battery. The fuel mileage is around average for the size truck, but could be improved upon. Also adding 6" of bed space would be very helpful.

Back again with another Titan
By peachydad

2011 Nissan Titan SV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned a 2004 Titan (first year), and never regretted my decision. It was dependable, and Nissan fixed the warped brake rotors right away, and the truck ran like a champ for 6 years until getting rammed by another driver.
I feel this truck is underappreciated and think it's a solid contender and has become a bargain.
You ought to consider this truck if you need a large general purpose pickup.
My 2011 silver one feels familiar, has tons of mass and power, and still roars with its exhaust, but is solid, comfortable, and big enough for anybody.

power, solid platform, dependability

tone down the exhaust, time to upgrade the interior, offer some engine choices. (new truck coming in two years).