Used 2016 Nissan Titan XD Consumer Reviews

Used Titan XD for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

I have no idea what all the negative is about

Slingshot, 09/03/2017
SV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased a new 2017 Titan XD diesel, SV with comfort package about 3 months ago and have experianced non of the negative stuff folks have posted on here. I learned in marketing that the majority don't say anything if they are happy with their purchase and the Majority who are unhappy will say something. My truck pulls and drives like a dream. Everything works. Not one complaint here. I would recommend this truck anyone wanting more power in a full size truck but also wants great fuel economy. On the hwy I've avg as high as 24 mpg but going a seady 65 mph. Step it up to 80 mph and I'm getting 19 mpg. My Toyota Tacoma with it's 6 banger never got over 19 mpg no matter what and avg 15 to 16. I love the size of this thing and is great on a long road trip. I'd like a bigger tank that 26 gals but that will get you 500 + miles. When you tow 8000 lbs you'll drop to 15 mpg or so. My Tacoma would tow 2000 lbs and get 10 or 11 mpg. Simply an awesome truck. Love that Cummins. They sound so sweet and love to be driven hard. The big three better take notice. Nissan has sold all years of these things out although be it in limited numbers. However, They never advertised for this truck. I've never even seen one commercial. If you when by commercials you'd think the only full size trucks out there are Ford, Chevy and Ram.

Pro 4x Cummins

Shawn Davis, 11/18/2016
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Don't do it! Terrible experience. I loved this truck when I first bought it. Wanted to keep loving it. But at 22,800 miles and 22 months in I had to take my very huge loss and part with it. It had been in the shop for a total of 36 days. Came in on the hook twice, and limped in once. Nissan in my area was little to no help. I did manage to get them to give me a rental for 3 days once after they had the truck for 8 days. I bought this truck to upgrade my old Chevy, but my old Chevy with 300k on it was far more reliable than this brand new Nissan. Too many electrical and computer issues made me afraid to take this thing out of town, let alone out in the backwoods.

Titan XD tows like a beast.

JBasser, 12/02/2016
SL 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I am A retired Quality Engineer and have owned a 2011 Ram (Cummins) Mega Cab Laramie and a Silverado (Duramax) LTZ and the Titan XD. The Titan XD is hands down has a better ride quality, Handles better, and actually tows by 32 foot Keystone easily. The Cummins diesel is no joke. On the Highway this thing moves with fuel mileage for the first 2200 miles at 18 Hwy and 15 City. The interior comfort on the SL is comparable to the LTZ. Driving this truck is easy and you do not have to fight the wheel like the chevy and ram. The factory goose neck setup is great, The Electrical connector in the bed can run an electric impact wrench, The wheel to wheel lit running boards allow easy entry for me and the wife who complained about the Chevy and Ram. The two issues that can be improved are the Fuel tank size and adding Passenger Lumbar control. I can add a auxiliary tank and a tuner later on. The dealership has been great with a couple of small issues. Overall this truck is exactly what I needed. WIth the Ram Recalls and the Chevrolet vibration issues Titan XD is an excellent option. I did drive a Tundra Platinum and liked the truck but the leather seats were just a tad bit (Not Much) softer than the seats Fred Flintstone had in his car.

I Said Good Buy to My FORD and Silverado 2500

roberto.acevedo@hilton.com, 04/02/2016
SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Interior is nice more modern then any truck out there on top of very spacious !!! The technology is very up to date with there safety futures. on top of luxury interior and 12 speakers wit 1 sub its great sound!! the Diesel engine you can not hear it at all inside the car or driving after 40 MPH. the MPG i get so far is 21-25 highway on top diesel being cheaper then GAS. the Turbo boost is great!!! ever time i get to my destination it gives me my total of my MPG and the list of previous MPG Results it will compare it. Theres a LOT of awesome stuff you could do with the TRUCK!! one i like is it has Eye bird view and Parking Assit has sensors 360 around the car. Making this shorter I wont go back to Chevy or Dodge.

PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING. SAFETY ISSUE.

Concerned, 09/18/2017
Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I am concerned and Nissan should be too. This is a serious safety issue. This issue has happened three times since I purchased this truck less than 3 weeks ago. In the middle of driving I suddenly lose power as if I let off the gas pedal, only I don't. It just starts coasting and wont respond to me pushing down on the accelerator. All the electrical power stays intact. The RPMs stay around 1 no matter how far down I push the gas pedal. The most serious incident occurred a day ago. I pulled out from a stop sign. As I turned right I accelerated to 10 mph then nothing. No response to me pushing the gas pedal. I floored it, nothing. I eased into it, nothing. It slowed to 5 mph and crept until I could pull off on a side street. I put it in park and back in drive and it seemed to do the trick. If I had been crossing traffic I would have stalled and been hit by an oncoming car. The first time this incident happened I was cruising along at 40 mph when it just died on me. It slowed to 15 mph as I pushed to accelerator. It happened over 3-5 seconds. All of a sudden it came back to life and leaped up in RPMs. I emailed Nissan a week ago when it first happened. No response. I emailed them this time. No response. I called them and they have instructed I take it in to a dealer, which I will. It is 2016 certified pre-owned. Its a nice truck but of course not worth risking someone's life/health. Needless to say I'm a regretful owner.

12345...10