Used 2007 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Love ❤️ my Murano
By Margo H.

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Murano used February 2017 with a 126,000 miles on it. It was a 2 lot, 2 previous owners vehicle myself being the 3rd. I have the SL AWD. The original owner apparently upgraded at purchase so my Murano has almost everything the SE has. No navigation which I am fine with. We use mid grade gas ⛽️ 89. I notice if we use the lowest it rattles more. All maintenance is done as soon as it’s due. Luckily my Murano was well taken care of by previous owners. I get 18.8 miles per gallon and moving up because I reset my average mpg so I could get an accurate reading. Plus I don’t drive like a maniac. Follow the road rules and dont beat your Murano it will run longer and gas will go further. I did my research before buying this vehicle. It is not made for off roading. It does have some pep but it’s not going to fly like an 8 cylinder. The CVT transmission is quiet and smooth. Keep in mind how it works and you will understand how hot rodding this vehicle could cause issues. The back seat is very roomy. I dont have 3rd row seating. The front seats are adjustable and heated. I can also store my seat preference on the drivers door. You can also set your driver seat to move to make it easier to get in and out with the led screen options again don’t have navigation. The back up camera is great. You can see the entire width of the vehicle. For those who like music the Bose sound system is nice and honestly I can turn mine all the way up and it could still handle louder. I don’t know if all of the systems come with sub woofer but mine did. It fits inside of the spare tire in the storage. The LED are adjustable and very bright. Well maintained braking system stops on a dime. I like the back window wiper! My favorite thing besides everything is my keyless start using my FOB. I feel safe with my family in our 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD. It’s a great family vehicle that needs on time routine maintenance. I ❤️ mine and will definitely buy another Nissan in the future.

Save your money!
By Tammy

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased my 2007 Nissan Murano this past April and had to put well over $5,000 extra into it. Transmission failed, (just missed warranty of course). There is supposed to be a discount if the warranty is up and I still did not qualify because I was not the original owner of the car. Unreal! So many other problems are occurring and I cant even keep up. I completely got ripped off with this piece of crap car that I am now stuck with until I drive it in the ground. I am too deep in the hole with putting money into this POS. Do not get this car if its even close to 100k miles on it. Alllll down hill after that.

2007n Nissan Murano 20,000 miles and what a dog!
By Jim

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Car averages 15 mpg and has numerous problems with door locks failing and most notably the driver seat forward and reverse motor. Because of the common failure of this 2 x 4" 12 volt motor owners must shell out up to $1,800 to replace the whole assembly. I requested the old parts and tested each of the three motors and found the forward/reverse motor defective. It took 10 minutes to remove this motor to look inside; no apparent damage but a poor ohms reading and no reaction to adding power to the motor. Cleaned commutator and adjusted brushes to make it operational. Nissan does not sell this motor as an OEM part and you rarely see a used on for sale. This is a big drawback for the Nissan Murano as you never know when the seat will fail or the power locks which cost $1,200 to have the dealer repair. Regal Nissan policy is to gouge the customer to the utmost rather than partner in a satisfied dealer-customer relationship. Steer clear and look at a reliable Ford or Chevy. The master cylindefr failed next, $776 for the dealer to replace but none in stock and none in Atlanta. NAPA garage replaced for $435 with OEM part. Next time I will pull it, place it in a bench vice and simply hone it with a tool from Pep Boys in about 5 minutes and use a kit to rebuild it.

to
If you google for nissan problems in general or by year, you will find many frustrated owners; many who promise to never own another Nissan. [non permissible content removed]

safety
By haleyjo

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was t boned head on, on my drivers side by a nissan larger truck this is a very sturdy car if it wouldve been a different car i dont think i would be alive

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!
By Courtney C

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The interior and exterior are very attractive. However, I had many problems with the CVT transmission that was making a rattling noise when accelerated which would cost me more than $2,000 to have fixed. The radio went out after just a few months of me having this vehicle. It was not good on gas mileage & the front end was making a squeaking noise. I WILL NOT recommend this vehicle to no one.