Skip to main content

Used Maxima for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2018 Maxima, so we've included reviews for other years of the Maxima since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Our second Maxima

Tim Judd, 07/11/2018
2018 Nissan Maxima Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We look be the new Maxima. We had a 2012 and absolutely loved it. Very stylish cars, sporty and reliable. Drives like a sports car - love the power of these cars. A great vehicle to own!

Made the leap From Altima to Maxima

Chris Holcomb, 07/20/2017
updated 07/20/2020
2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am loving my new Maxima Platinum 3.5 V6! All the things I loved about my 2007 Altima SE 3.5 V6 are in my new Maxima plus a ton of new technology and design improvements. I loved the powerful V6 CVT engine, the ultra comfortable seats, and the incredible reliability of my 2007 Altima, and now my daughter will be enjoying it too for the next few years. All of those things continue in my new Maxima, but now with I have soft and comfortable leather with the stylish Alcantara inserts, power front seats that are heated AND cooled, and all the driver infotainment comforts that anyone could wish for! Navigation, Satellite Radio, Apple Carplay, a great driver information computer/display, and sporty styling are all things I love about it. I live in Texas so my favorite new feature so far is the cooled front seats. They really make a big difference.

Undercover Luxury Vehicle

LEO, 09/15/2018
2018 Nissan Maxima Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned an infiniti G37 before falling in love with my blue platinum Maxima. I was looking to trade in for a Q50 but the luxurious and well appointed interior, the exciting exterior design and the almost uniqueness of the model (there are not too many out there) made me purchase a great vehicle for almost $15K less than a similarly equipped Infiniti. The Mileage is great, also the premium gas is recommended, not required as in Luxury brands. The only downfall is the service experience. You will not get the same level of service as on a luxury brand but so far I had not any issues requiring service visits , just the first regular maintenance which you can perform anywhere. SO far after 8 months it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I would recommend it

3 out of 5 stars

Love this car BUT weird problems

LORAANN72, 09/12/2018
2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Nissan and I love the look and feel of the Maxima!! The inside is awesome and the outside is very sleek and cool looking!! However, at 16,000 miles and 9months owning it I’ve had to bring it to the dealership for several small but strange issues. The black piece behind the passenger window just fell off, the cruise control toggle has cracked where the silver piece is, the plastic lining that protects the front window from shattering if hit came loose and the entire window had to be replaced, there’s a rattling in the passenger side that won’t go away even after the dealership “fixed it” and the paint on the corner of the bumper just under the hood where it connects to the front headlights has begun to chip. This problem is actually not as weird as possibly shady on the part of the dealership. They say the bumper is lopsided due to the car running up on a curb so the painted piece is rubbing the light and chipping. I went back and looked at the video I made of my car a few days after purchasing and sure enough you can see the bumper is off a bit. Looks like it happened at the dealership before I bought the car. So this problem is still pending. Idk if I got a lemon or if others have experienced these weird problems as well. Makes me sad because i love the car but hate thinking I may face all the nuisances throughout my ownership.

Professional Critics: Stop saying the same things

Frank, 02/12/2017
updated 02/25/2019
2017 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

You will notice the professionals who review cars say the same things over and over! Here is a different view to them where I agree and disagree. First, I love the Xtronic (CVT) Transmission. After driving the Maxima for a while, and then driving other cars with a regular transmission, I love the CVT!! It is smooth and sounds so much better - so relax "car pros" - you think you are sooooo smart to shake your head at the CVT, but I LIKE IT!! The interior is amazing and the looks suite me just fine. The handling is good, but I will agree with the pros that front wheel drive can be a negative for some (until you drive in the snow) - and all wheel drive would be nice as well (but would add cost). It is a FUN CAR TO DRIVE, so sorry "Pros," I am good with the 4DSC moniker. (so there!) Ok, here we are about 2 yeas later. Everything above is still true. It’s fast and fun. Still beautiful to look at. Love the Bordeaux Black color that they no longer offer. Not great in the snow so all wheel drive would be a nice option.

4 out of 5 stars