Used 2016 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Completely Disappointed
By Teddy F.

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle steering is terrible!!!! It very hard to judge your front distance between cars and objects on both sides. The rear camera gets foggy easily. It should have came with front/rear cameras. It's definitely not a quiet ride, I can always hear the wind on the highway not matter my speed. I wish that I could trade it but the trade-value is a "F". This was my first and last experience with a Nissan product.

Sexy Performer
By Jack

2016 Nissan Maxima Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great looks. Has it all. Better looking than Infiniti "brother" with all the features and performance.

Everythings is great---if only it didn't rattle
By Gene

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

There is so much I love about this car---design, styling, acceleration, interior appointments, handling, general comfort. But unfortunately it is sort of ruined by too little attention to quality when it comes to a quiet driving experience. I've never had a new car that has this many really severe and irritating rattles and noises. The worst, perhaps, is a sound in the driver door or right pillar that starts over 50 mph and is wind related. I think I isolated it to the rocker panel which must catch wind and then rattles like marbles in a rock polishing machine. The dealership didn't do a wall job on it, but also didn't solve the problem. The other two really annoying rattles happen when it gets below freezing. There is an annoying clack somewhere in the back every time you hit a bump. It's loud. I thought it was related to the spare, but it's not. The third rattle also occurs at road bumps or expansion joints. It comes from the instrument cluster, and sounds like a pack of Tic Tacs over every little bump in the road. For me, that is enough to ruin the driving experience. Despite liking nearly everything else about the car, I probably wouldn't buy another, and this is my fourth Maxima.

Not Enough Leg Room
By Amanda

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband is very tall and the design of the driver's seating area did not allow him to have enough room between the steering wheel and the dashboard. Other than that, I liked the Maxima very much.

Don't judge a book by its cover
By James St Fort

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Since I've ever driven a car I've always had a luxury car Mercedes Lexus Jaguar Bentley Cadillac Porsche and etcetera had to downgrade because of loss of contract after years of working. Have to buy something so I bought the Nissan Maxima I was depressed even buying but after the next two days I was so impressed of how it drive and The Styling after the next week I fell in love with the car all my friends Drive luxury cars I visit them all the time and they have driven the car now everybody wants one. A friend of mine had a Mercedes E-Class and after his lease believe it or not he traded it in for a Maxima premium. Now I am back to work and got me a new contract and I refuse to get rid of this car I am very impressed that handles well and I will not get rid of this car. Thinking about getting another one in the next two years