Used 2016 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

WOW! I'M IMPRESSED!!
By TINY

2016 Nissan Maxima Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

April of this year, 2018, I went to a car dealership - for an ENTIRELY different reason than to purchase a car. My daughter, a car enthusiast and once owned a Nissan Maxima, was with me. As we were about to leave, my daughter started perusing the lot. A sales man told her "Yes", do look around." I said to her "No", lets not, lets go! Do not even start that." Long story short, she laid eyes on a 2016 Maxima Platinum. All I could hear was her 'oooh-ing/ahhh-ing' and then saying, "Mom, you've GOT to come and look at this!" I still wasn't trying to hear that. She was saying how I really needed to get another car (the one I was driving was 14 years old) though, still going strong. The sales man said, "Ma'am, just let me go get the key for you so you can sit in it." Well..., the rest is history. Though it is a 2016, a one owner and had only 18,000 miles, it was in pristine condition. I can't imagine the story behind whatever reason the former owner had for giving it up, but it certainly is not MY intention to do so. All I can say is "thank you!" I'm STILL trying to figure out all the 'bells and whistles.' I've never owned such a car. And, what a 'head-turner it is! Mine is white with the black pano roof and other black outer features that makes it stand out from the rest that are just one solid color. So, far so good. I've enjoyed it thoroughly and am always looking for reasons to go for a drive! I and plan on keeping for many years to come....

Great Maxima!
By Duncan

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned this car for a few months, and I've got about 35k on it right now, and this is an awesome car! I've had a 1999 Nissan Maxima that went 219k before I sold it, and it was still driving amazing. I was hoping that this car would own up to the quality and reliability of the 99 I had. This car has awesome power, great handling, and it feels like you are in the cockpit of a fighter jet with the interior design. I would say the only draw back with this car is the technology. The Nissan Connect that comes with the car is not great. It doesn't sync well with my phone and it isn't updated ever(last update was a year ago). The styling of this car is fantastic. It is definitely a head turner and it has the power to back it up. It has great luxury for an affordable price(if bought used). I would definitely say this car is worth it and it brings a smile to my face every time I get in and drive it.

Awesome looks, awesome fun!
By Duncan

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

One of the negative reviews about this car is the cramped feel. These seats hug you and it makes you feel like you’re in the cockpit of a fighter jet! Quality feels very high end. My only complaint is the Nissan connect system. These guys have to get it together because they are getting their buts kicked by other companies.

Before buying this car, I looked at a Toyota Camry and HATED it! No power, and transmission of the 2018 was awful. We owned a 1999 maxima and sold it with 215000miles, and it was still going strong.

I hope the quality is as good with this car. So far so good. I love the power, the response, and the looks. Great comfort, and performance, plus very respectable gas mileage (around 29mpg average). This car brings nothing but a smile to my face every time I get in it. Love my Maxima!

It’s good
By Isaiah

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my son the SR becuase it was the sportier version and he likes it a lot, I was going to get him the Altima but I decided since he was such a good student that he should get the maxima, plus he likes fast cars.

Completely Disappointed
By Teddy F.

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle steering is terrible!!!! It very hard to judge your front distance between cars and objects on both sides. The rear camera gets foggy easily. It should have came with front/rear cameras. It's definitely not a quiet ride, I can always hear the wind on the highway not matter my speed. I wish that I could trade it but the trade-value is a "F". This was my first and last experience with a Nissan product.