Used 2016 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Great Maxima!
By Duncan

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned this car for a few months, and I've got about 35k on it right now, and this is an awesome car! I've had a 1999 Nissan Maxima that went 219k before I sold it, and it was still driving amazing. I was hoping that this car would own up to the quality and reliability of the 99 I had. This car has awesome power, great handling, and it feels like you are in the cockpit of a fighter jet with the interior design. I would say the only draw back with this car is the technology. The Nissan Connect that comes with the car is not great. It doesn't sync well with my phone and it isn't updated ever(last update was a year ago). The styling of this car is fantastic. It is definitely a head turner and it has the power to back it up. It has great luxury for an affordable price(if bought used). I would definitely say this car is worth it and it brings a smile to my face every time I get in and drive it.

Awesome looks, awesome fun!
By Duncan

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

One of the negative reviews about this car is the cramped feel. These seats hug you and it makes you feel like you’re in the cockpit of a fighter jet! Quality feels very high end. My only complaint is the Nissan connect system. These guys have to get it together because they are getting their buts kicked by other companies.

Before buying this car, I looked at a Toyota Camry and HATED it! No power, and transmission of the 2018 was awful. We owned a 1999 maxima and sold it with 215000miles, and it was still going strong.

I hope the quality is as good with this car. So far so good. I love the power, the response, and the looks. Great comfort, and performance, plus very respectable gas mileage (around 29mpg average). This car brings nothing but a smile to my face every time I get in it. Love my Maxima!

It’s good
By Isaiah

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my son the SR becuase it was the sportier version and he likes it a lot, I was going to get him the Altima but I decided since he was such a good student that he should get the maxima, plus he likes fast cars.

Completely Disappointed
By Teddy F.

2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle steering is terrible!!!! It very hard to judge your front distance between cars and objects on both sides. The rear camera gets foggy easily. It should have came with front/rear cameras. It's definitely not a quiet ride, I can always hear the wind on the highway not matter my speed. I wish that I could trade it but the trade-value is a "F". This was my first and last experience with a Nissan product.

Sexy Performer
By Jack

2016 Nissan Maxima Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great looks. Has it all. Better looking than Infiniti "brother" with all the features and performance.