Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Might as well throw $ out window
By Y Rios

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for almost 10 years, it was serviced regularly and timely. I drove my car daily back and forth to work which was only about 12 miles one way, a full tank of gas lasted two weeks. The first year the paint faded, had it replaced faded again. Fresno Mercedes-Benz did not advise me on any repairs. Around turns the acceleration did not always go, even though it was very fast straight away it did not accelerate well after turns. I had to ask why my car squeaked, found out it needed oiling. The leather seats are ripping on the edges from getting in and out of the vehicle. I would complain about a problem and the service department would not address the problem, tell me nothing was wrong when they checked it, like the trunk not unlocking when you tried to open it, even though I took a video to prove it....April of 2017 my transmission failed, not once did my light go off or did I have any handling issues. I debated getting it repaired because the resale value is only about $8,000 -matching the repair cost!!! Got that repaired and the Sept 2017 motor mounts went out so dumped money to replace that. 3 days ago, I noticed a leak on both front corners of the roof top, so I put the top down to investigate and the hydraulic fluid came pouring out of my roof NOW convertible top wont move up or down and it is stuck with the trunk lid half way open! I am just trying to figure out how to emergency close to trade in for another car, hopefully they take the car. The car didn't even last a 10 year anniversary. I WILL NEVER BUY MERCEDES again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our 2007 Mercedes SLK 280
By Dennis Williamson

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Be sure there are only two people to transport.

Boss Benz
By Anthony Wrencher

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

fun-loving open-air roadster and a cozy, secure coupe. The dual personality comes courtesy of a hardtop roof that retracts with the touch of a button. As with its main competitor the BMW Z4, this ability to transform gives this small 2-seater a degree more practicality. Mercedes' compact convertible touts a plusher ride compared to its more dynamic BMW rival yet still offers a good blend of power and handling.If you want a premium roadster with a hardtop roof that protects against the elements and offers a supple ride that coddles on your daily commute, it's hard to beat the Mercedes SLK. The SLK look and feel more like the ultra-luxurious SL, Mercedes' entry-level roadster. The SLK-Class brought retractable hardtops into the mainstream when the roadster debuted in 1998, and it's still setting the pace. Such a setup delivers a delicious automotive duality: In less than 20 seconds, the SLK can transform from buttoned-down coupe to sun-seeking convertible.Want turn heads? Pull up in this!

Missed the mark
By CDR

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

While the SLK 280 is a fun convertible to drive, Mercedes missed the mark on a number of fine points. With top down, wind noise negates any conversation or music listening. The cup holders are poorly made and located in a position that blocks your view to the right. The weight (lack of) of the car makes it very dangerous to drive in the rain. It floats and hydroplanes in puddles. Storage is extremely limited and the glove box is filled completely with the cd-changer. Each oil change is over $300 (no options for less) and all they do is "inspect" the car and change the oil! The retractable roof worked perfectly every time and the neck scarf heater is the best feature of the car.

Neck scarf. Comfortable seats. navigation was good.

Cup holders are a joke. More interior storage. A normal price for an oil change. Rear right light does not ever light with fog lights on.

Love it, Love it!
By Fgovers

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Delighted with my Mercedes SLK 280, in Mars Red. I fell in love first with the styling, then with the drive. My favorite part is the air scarf and heated seats, that let you drive with the top down in cool weather (which in Texas is just about year round). The hardtop is leaps above having a rag top and works very well (and impresses anyone who sees it). I actually like the factory nav system, and it has worked well for me. I find the car very comfortable on road trips, and got about 32mpg on the highway with premium gas. My car has the DVD-based sound system - 4 GB of MP3's is a lot.

The hardtop convertible, the air scarf, the heated seats, the sound system, the front end, the back end. Turns heads.

The owners manual needs work. The GPS could use updating. The cruise control knob is confusing (like most MB).