Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:

Got what was expected
By ld_roamer

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The GLK is a pretty good choice if want a small suv that is solid, quiet, and fairly powerful. It has a smoother ride than others in its class. I bought the car used with about 17K miles on it and have owned it for two years now. Scheduled maintenance at the dealer is expensive, but they give you a nice MB loaner and turnaround time is quick. At around 35K miles, the car had an intermittent check engine light. The dealer said the codes pointed to the alternator and a fresh air sensor in the radiator. I took it to an independent mechanic and he said the low voltage electronics are sensitive to small current fluctuations and replaced the original 4 year old battery with a good AGM battery. Eight months later and that issue has not returned. Other than that, I replaced the original Continentals with Yokohamas at 32K miles to quiet the ride more. It has been a great car for long trips because it so comfortable. The cabin electronics are not especially intuitive compared to the current standards, but I am used to them now. In all, I think the GLK is a good value.

Actually believe this car has added to my life
By Jimbo

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned and test driven numerous automobiles in my life, none of which could be described as luxury class. This car handles, accellerates and rides so much better than the others, I now know the distinction of what a luxury mid sized suv is. This car's handling and accelleration litterally took my breath away the first few times I drove it on a highway that parallels a river. It still, over two years later, is scintillating to drive and I actually look forward to driving it. The "set and forgetšŸ˜ˆ"cruise control astounds me, especially going down a curvy hill. I just cannot say enough about this car.
It is now April, 2018 and I still like my GLK as much as when I first purchased it. I, just yesterday, traded it in for a 2018 GLC 300. The main reason for trading is the incredible improvements in safety features. The GLC 300 has blind spot notification, forward collision protection, lane violation warning, brake assistance, etc. as well as a back up camera and a built in gps and better gas mileage. I must admit that I was disappointed with the trade in allowance I received.

No blue tooth audio
By Anthony

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this used and was told it had Bluetooth well it only works for phone calls and I am having issues with getting the phone book to pull my contacts. Went by the dealer they told me they had a software update for it. I didn't have time to stay so hopefully that fixes the second issue. But I am stuck using a aux? My Firs rental has Bluetooth audio but not my MB?? Outside of that the car rides smooth over bumps and has great handling. Gas is okay but wish it was better. Quality materials and nice metal accents.

Awesome so far
By mrmonty

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great so far. Ride is smooth, quiet and acceleration in Sport Mode is excellent. I would like to refute a few negative points that I read prior to buying. 1)the backseat- yes it is small and most times a tall driver will have to put his seat up for someone to even sit behind him. However, unless you have a family, realistically how many times do you really have people in the back? If you do have a family there are plenty of other options(ML, GL etc)
2) Fuel Economy- It's not terrible. about 22 highway/15 city for me so far
I laugh when people spend 40,000 on a car and then complain about gas. If you have 40K to spend you shouldn't be sweating gas. if you are, get a Honda CRV or Civic.

Command Nav, Pano Sunroof, Lighting package. Sport mode transmission. Quiet Ride, smooth ride over harsh bumps. Build Quality

I think they are addressing them in 2013. Mainly a Diesel with great fuel econ and a slightly more efficient V6.

Replaced an 09 X3
By lawman1967

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Fast, fun-to-drive, small and VERY comfortable.
09 X3 was practically falling apart at 58,000 miles, but GLK is essentially a tall C-Class, which are extremely reliable.

X3 also had mediocre front seats, while GLK uses C Class seats, which are outstanding for even long distance.
The car is also smooth and quiet, with handling that again feels more like a C Class sedan than an SUV.

4Matic all-wheel-drive, "tall C-Class" interior and driving dynamics.

Modernize the electronics to match the latest 2012 C Class sedan. Uses the same audio and dash electronics as my old 2009 C300, including the iPod cable that only charges older iPods (adapter can allow charging of modern iPod/iPhone).