Used 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300-Class model:

Kit
By Kevin Roshon Roshon

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 2.6 4dr Sedan

Be prepared to drive alot

Best Car Ever!!
By LarryT

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Bought a 1991 model in Feb 2006 for $8000 with 99750 miles on the odometer. It was like a new car. Started almost instantly in temps down to 13F without needing the block heater, it may have performed the same in colder weather but that was as cold as we ever tested it. Has returned a steady 29-32 mpg's on every tank of diesel it has used. It now has over 280,000 miles on it and will go another 100K without a problem. This was my wife's daily transportation for getting to work. 1st she was driving 100 miles + daily to/from work and the 5 cyl diesel never missed a beat. I don't know how to explain this but the few times we have had a problem Battery died, water pump started leaking, etc) they appeared when the car was in the garage or driveway.
I only wish I could find another, similar Mercedes Diesel! IMO, the W123 and W124 300D Turbo is the best car Mercedes has made.

Solid car and reliable
By Lynn

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300E 4dr Sedan

I love this car! We've had it for a year and the only thing that we replaced was the battery. It was well-maintained when we got it. The only issue I have is the driver side window. It doesn't close all the way up. For the age of this car, it is pretty reliable. We have 195k miles on it.

Luxury with great gas mileage
By Martin Cooke

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

The luxury of a Mercedes-Benz with excellent fuel mileage and very safe to drive

It's a keeper
By vonhippert

1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 300TE 4dr Wagon

I bought mine 1 year ago and have put 20k on the car with no worries. It had 152k at time of purchase. This is my fifth older mbz and is my favorite one of them all.
Fun to drive, great reliability and the interior layout is practical.
I have seen the 3.0 liter inline six go 400k plus with just a top end rebuild.
Things to be aware of: head gasket and engine harness failure.
A small price to pay in overall upkeep, for a car that is safe, has classic lines and can handle high mileage with proper care.