2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata RF model:

Unreliable
By Bruce

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Battery is dead after a few weeks of sitting. Jump the battery, drive off and the car dies. New car with 844 miles. I'm done and getting rid of it. Cramped interior if y9u are 6' or above.

Pride of ownership goes a long way with this car
By Greg

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Club 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

You must give yourself this gift.My dissesion to purchase is never questioned. I simply get the giggles every day I’m in her. Get one before they realize they priced them too low $$$$$

Ridiculously Fun and Radically Fine Mazda Miata RF
By Michael Timmel

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I only been driving my Miata RF for a few weeks. Can't speak much for its long-term reliability or value. But I can tell you that I have never enjoyed driving as much!! This car does not have to be a “fun car to drive on weekends." It is luxurious enough and comfortable enough for me to use as my every day source of transportation. Absolute loving it. Zoom-Zoom.

Late life desires
By Path man

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I drove a '93 Miata for 22 years before giving it to my younger brother, who I knew had lusted for it. Then I read a review of the 2017 RF and started looking into it. Now in my late 70's, I found that I still desired a stick shift car that was fun to drive. I have only 400 miles on the RF Grand Touring model but it is all that I hoped for. Love the retracting hard top. The performance so far is fine for me. Will probably die driving a stick shift (as the reviewer wanted to do).

rf club brembo
By jim

2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Club 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car I had to trade my mustang gt since my daughter turned 16 and got her license, Wanted a Porsche Targa but not in the budget, No worries, I liked it better than the used caymans and audi tts;s Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Hard to get in and out of, no storage to speak of but it rocks. It really does.