Skip to main content

Select your trim:
12345...6

Perfect Vehicle

Terry, 03/24/2023
2023 Mazda CX-30 Carbon Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2023 CX 30 a month or so ago. I went to purchase the 2023 CX 5, but when my wife saw the CX 30 I was overruled. I cannot believe this little S.U.V. It's so much fun to drive and I feel like I'm in a high-end vehicle. The interior is nothing short of awesome. It's engine is more then capable for any driver. Those who have stated it could use a little more power should have bought a Dodge Charger. I could go on all day about this vehicle, but I will end this with. Great Vehicle!!!!!

5 out of 5 stars

Good value for money, looks good, few flaws

Leon B, 01/17/2022
updated 02/13/2023
2023 Mazda CX-30 Select 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car in Sept. 2021, have 5,200 miles at the time of posting of this to replace a 2014 Focus with the cursed DCT. Had considered a Mazda 3 sedan but this was not much more in price and better equipped. It is good value for the money. Inside and out much like a premium brand like Volvo, BMW, Audi and a step above a Honda, Toyota, Hyundai/Kia. Has a real transmission, not a DCT or CVT. Has safety goodies like the cross-traffic backup warning, blind spot, lane warning systems I like and need. I am only 5'4" but sit in it well, easy to get in/out of. With back seat down, can put in a lot of stuff, more than in a sedan. Getting about 28 MPG in mixed suburban driving. My only complaints are: The small cargo area with the back seats up, especially with the sharp angle of the upper part of the hatch gate. A few of the safety goodies a bit too nagging although some can be adjusted to be less annoying. The auto headlights don't go on when wipers are on (as required by law in NJ) in overcast daytime conditions, have to turn on manually. Get warnings to turn on and run car due to 'low battery' condition. Service warnings go on way too far before due (perhaps the dealer set it up that way ?). Has some blind spots even with warning systems. Update 2/10/23 : Has about 24,000 miles on it. Took this on a 10,000 mile cross country trip from NJ to LA in Sept. 2022. Never missed a beat. Rode firm and comfortable on interstates to twisties in the Ozarks. A/C kept up with 100F + heat. Operated from sea level to 12,300 feet but only got a little weak at the highest altitudes. Fuel mileage up to 33 MPG highway, Slight hunting for gear in transmission at times. Small fuel tank, should be 1.5 to 2 gallons more. Sometime the lane departure warning sees tar crack filling instead of lane markers. Visibility poor to back/sides, the blind spot monitor and warning very important. Cargo area a bit small with back seats up. Mine is in silver and when cleaned and shined up, just glows beautifully. Had to transport a friend who has a partially missing lower right leg and is over 6 feet tall, very difficult for him to get in/out of the front passengers seat.

Fantastic Drive, Itty Bitty Back Seat

Shauncy, 03/03/2023
2023 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Pros: The car drives and handles amazing. I drove two others cars in this class (The Subaru Crosstrek and the Honda HRV) and the Mada CX-30 blew them away. Fantastic acceleration and handling. The interior (Premium leather) was sleek and minimalist, which made the view through the windshield less obstructed or distracting. Cons: The storage, particularly compared to others in its class, leaves a lot to be desired. I am 5;10", and once I position the driver seat there was next to no space in the back seat. As a test, my 5'10" fiancee tried to sit behind me and was only able to fit with her legs pressed firmly against the driver seat. This proved to be the deal breaker in an otherwise fantastic automobile.

2024 MAZDA CX-30
At a Glance:
  • 3 Colors
  • 8 Trims
  • $24,995starting MSRP
Search InventoryMAZDAUSA.COM
MSRP excludes taxes, title, license fees and $1,375 destination charge (Alaska $1,420). Vehicle shown may be priced higher. Actual dealer price will vary. See dealer for complete details.

Best bang for the buck

Beezer73, 03/15/2023
2023 Mazda CX-30 Preferred 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Comes standard with AWD, competitors charge $1500 more or don't offer it at all. They don't mention AWD in performance, value, wildcard, pro's/con's, how does it drive, or fuel economy. It should have been mentioned in all those because it affects all those. Despite me even writing them and telling them this, they refuse to change their review. It also has more horsepower than most in it's class. The Subaru Crosstek has 158hp and a CVT. This has 191 and a 6 speed. On looks and handling alone, this is top of the class by FAR. Top tier crash numbers too. I'm getting WAY over the rated mpg. On my morning 12 minute drive to the dog park and back, I get 34-37mpg average on that trip every morning. That's with 5 stops signs and 4 lights on that trip.

2023 Mazda CX-30 Great little crossover

Sarah, 05/03/2023
2023 Mazda CX-30 Select 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got this over the Mazda 3 sedan/hatchback because it has better ground clearance, more rear headroom, and standard AWD. I've had it for about two weeks. Here's my pros and cons, coming from a 2019 Kia Optima. Pros: the handling is amazing. It's so sharp in turns, with very little body roll. I have no problem going a higher speed in a turn. I enjoy driving it, it feels almost therapeutic. Although, thanks to the great handling and 18' wheel size, you will feel more of the road. Decent power: while it's no Porsche, the 191 hp engine has plenty of oomph to get you up to speed. Especially if you put it in sport mode. I have no problems with accelerating or maintaining higher speeds. Interior quality: is top notch. Many soft touch services and comfy leatherette seats. The interior looks very classy and polished. Features: great amount of features. Standard LED lights, apple/Android compatibility, and many active safety features. (I recommend getting the select, the one above the base, for blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert, you also get the leatherette seats, roof rails, and rear privacy window tint, and smart key) Fuel economy: I get about 27 mpg with some highway but mostly city driving. That isn't bad for an AWD crossover. Neutral: the safety features. The safety features are much more "hands off" compared to my 2019 Kia Optima. I don't ever hear my Mazda beeping at me for taking my hands off the steering wheel for a moment. The Kia Optima was definitely more of a "nanny" car. Cons: Infotainment and climate system is finicky to use at first. It is a little bit of a learning curve. Cramped rear seats. This is not a vehicle if you're regularly going to be hauling around 4 or especially 5 full grown adults around all the time. It's just too small, especially the rear leg room. I'm about 5'6 and usually only have one passenger. So this is no problem for me. The fuel capacity is only 12.7 gallons. So you will be filling up more often if you're coming from a bigger vehicle. All-in-all a fantastic SUV for your money. As long as you view this as more of a lifted hatchback (due to its small size) than an actual SUV, and you like that idea, then this is the vehicle for you. Definitely give it a test drive, and test out the space, like folding the seats back. Highly recommend and hope this review helped!

12345...6