Used 1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

This thing kicks a$$
By J Cables

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Regular Cab SB

Right off the bat lemme mention this thing is 28 years old with 170k on the odometer with no indication of it letting go anytime soon. This truck was bbuilt ith long term reliability in mind. With an inline 4cyl setup with a 5speed and a larger axle in the back its had very minimal maintenance done to it and runs like a champ. Carberator is easy to tune and all features still operate with minimal oil consumption and replacement parts are super cheap (1 set of plugs costs 8 dollars). Gas milage is super good averaging out at 25ish mpgs depending on driving. Acceleration is dangerously slow but the upside is def. The mpgs. Everything has held up very well and i intend to keep this thing running uhhh ntil it blows up and do an ecoboost swap on it after. Wish i could take pictures as this thing has held up very nicely in the ND weather that destroys newer vehicles. Its old, its slow, but itll run forever and is a perfect beater

reliable, handy truck
By rich

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it in '05 with 150k on it. I have since added about 20k. Drives great, very reliable, awesome for home depot runs, mulch pickups, etc... Glad to read about other owners with 200k+ miles...I love the truck. Multiple people offered to buy it from me....I am not selling!

GREAT LIL' TRUCK!
By sue

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Regular Cab LB

We bought this car for our son a few years ago. It's been a great reliable truck for him. We've had no mechanical issues - just regular maint. things done. I recommend it to anyone.

None.

Mazda should be the Energizer Bunny
By john

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Well, I'm at 293,000 miles and it just keeps going and going. This is my second Mazda and Father bought a couple about the same years and always run up to and above 200k. I used to haul papers with it (sometimes thousands of pounds) and it was always reliable.

Very reliable and good on gas. I recommend the cab plus for the extra leg room.

Won't win any drag race but will keep up with traffic. U-joint is sealed, so if the U-joint goes bad (and they do at about 100k) you will have to replace the entire drive shaft (couple hundred bucks).

Great truck!
By Ron

1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought it back in 2000, my old ford was run to death by then. Has been very reliable but I have had a few breakdowns, nothing major-major. But that is what you can expect after 235,000 great miles. Overall I love it, and I would definitely buy another.

Basic and easy to use, not a lot of expensive unneeded gadgets.

Body could be a little more rust resistant but who says that you can't patch a little.