Used 2014 Maserati Ghibli Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Maserati Ghibli Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ghibli model:

THE BEST SOUNDING Chrysler you cant afford
By KED

2014 Maserati Ghibli 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Pros: Sounds Great, Has Maserati badges, big trunk, decent front seats.. EVERYTHING else is a con. $11000 repair because a bolt on the sub-frame connector broke because the car is so low. $4800 brake and tire job. Ive had 4 alignments in less then a year. The customer service is brutal unless you pay out the ass for their premium customer service. I CANT WAIT for this lease to be end. It would take an INSANE deal for me to even entertain the thought of getting another Maserati and even at that it would only be the Levante. This is not a good everyday driver. The minute there are more than 2 people in the car it bottoms out when you hit a rock. The Front end constantly feels like its on ice skates. If you are willing to spend the money go for a German car OR even an import. Shoot I would go as far as saying get the Genesis 90 over this car.

Budget Maserati sound, handling, and performance.
By Jason S

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you are looking for all the excitement and panache of a Maserati, but on a tighter budget, you will be very pleased with this vehicle. If you think you have somehow stumbled across a $150,000 car for half price, you will be disappointed. On the used market, these cars are a great buy, but don't expect the hand crafted interior of a Bentley. A high end Italian sport sedan on a budget has to have compromises, and they can be found on the quality of materials, Chrysler sourced components (the nav interface is actually quite good, albeit cheap looking), and lack of high end features. The driving experience however, is all Maserati with one of the most intoxicating exhaust notes I have ever heard. The power, sound, handling, brakes, and overall performance are everything you would hope them to be. Let's be honest, a major reason for buying the car is the name, and I can say it does get just as much attention as you would expect. When it's time for service, do your self a favor and take it to an independent, although the aftermarket parts market is all but nonexistent. Hopefully this will change as more of these cars reach a mature age and numbers increase. While I think this car is tough to justify at the new price of competitors, it is truly a great buy on the used side and the chance for the average guy to own a real Italian exotic super sedan.

waste of my money
By Alex

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I leased a Maserati Ghibli SQ4 in 2014.The first week this car developed electronic issues and I had to go to dealer few times and drive a loaner for 3 weeks to get it fixed. The transmission stops at Reverse mode and does not go all the way to the Parking mode easily after you park your car, A few times car moved back caused dangerous situations for me.It was a recall on it but they could not fix it.The mirrors has a larger blind-spot area compare to other cars.Sound system and Bluetooth stops working sometimes and I have to turn the engine on and off to makes it work again and dealer did not find any solution for it.There was about 10 recalls on this car since 2015 and I had to make appointments to drop it off at dealer to fix it.It is very inconvenient if you have a busy day schedule to commit yourself to amount of services that this car requires.The loaner from Maserati while your car is in the dealer for repair or service is from car rental companies and it is not even a Luxury car usually.The appointments to fix this car was long and I had to drive my other car in between when there was a major problem with this car. For example the engine oil pressure light went on and the the dealer was booked for the next 2 weeks and I had to drive my other car meanwhile .Very disappointed with Maserati and I do not recommend this car.

Great luxury car at a class above for great price!
By Eve5150

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Breaks squeaking at a close to stop is common w these cars. Other Han that I have lived every minute of owing my new- used vehicle. Everything I expected and more!!!!!

Don't waste your money!
By Pier Barattolo

2014 Maserati Ghibli 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We leased a Ghibli 2.5 years ago worst mistake we have ever made - the car has had endless recalls, spends more time on AAA truck being ferried to the dealer and at dealer than us driving it.

We had issues with the gas pedal where it would get stuck and suddenly accelerate at full throttle - nearly got killed. Totally unreliable.

No one in the house wants to drive it, not even my 17 year old!

Maserati USA washing its hands of it because they keep fixing whatever goes wrong with it, and it is always something else!

Total waste of money, would never drive one again. You should think twice before parting with your cash.