Used 2016 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

My 1st and last Lincoln MKX!
By David Glowacki

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I am leasing (2yr.lease) this 2016 MKX. My last two leases were MKZ's, they were awesome! I thought I'd try the MKX as a change from last two MKZ's. This is proving to be a huge disappointment. I have most every option you can get and that still does not change things. My MKX is 8 months old with only 5,000 miles on it. I have had nothing but quirky and annoying problems. While driving at night the "Service Headlamps Light" came on and then they quit working minutes later. I drove home with only the parking lamps on. The dealer reset the computer and they worked again. Since then that warning light has come on briefly and then gone back off. I've taken it back and they can find any fault codes stored in the computer. The carpeting has pulled away from the sills on two of the four doors. I had a very annoying rattle in the all glass moon roof. It took the dealer a week to pinpoint and repair. Also I will get exhaust fumes in the cabin when I need to accelerate quickly. The dealer changed the cabin air filter, that did nothing. The most annoying thing and something they are aware of is that hood flexes while driving on the highway. You can actually see it moving. I am afraid it's going to weaken the latch and come loose while driving. They said the flexing is because the hood is fiberglass?? I've owned many cars, expensive and inexpensive ones. Not one of them ever had a hood that flexed. The dealer has assured me that the hood will not come open, I am not convinced. An almost $60,000 vehicle should not have this issue or any other issues like I've experienced. For those of you who own a 2016/2017 MKX watch your hood as you go down the highway and you'll see what I am talking about. Hopefully the 2018 MKX went back to the drawing board before they began production?

Black Label should be Black Sheep
By Harry Boosey

2016 Lincoln MKX Black Label 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

2016 Black Label MKX, closest Black Label dealer 5 hours away, stopped on interstate ramp & had to be hauled in & Lincoln knew about problem, stopped in rural area and wouldn't go but engine running, battery went out 33,000 miles, motor noise through driver speakers 3 times & not fixed yet. Never again.

Almost, but not quite there
By Author

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

In full disclosure, this is my third MKX. I also had an Edge. It's been a year in so I have an informed knowledge of this vehicle. The positives: It's super quiet. It has an excellent ride yet takes a corner well. The overall look is nice though I will not miss the mustache grill. Power from the base engine is adequate. The kick open for the hatch works well. Sync 3 is an improvement and the Sirius works better than previously. Value for lease price is excellent. The negatives: The shifter on the stack should have haptic feedback. More than once I was in the wrong gear from not touching it hard enough. The interior still lacks a luxurious, high-quality feel. The buttons look Ford-esque. If you want to play in this league it takes more. I recently tried charging my phone and couldn't find the port. I know they are there but not in a convenient place. Observations: Fit and finish is nice but I have a loose trim plate. Gas mileage is below the sticker but that's to be expected. The older MKX had much better sight lines. Pillars by the windshield are thick. I recommend this vehicle.

I bleed Lincoln!
By Linda Wright

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is awesome, such a comfortable ride, such smooth handling and such a quiet engine. The looks of the SUV is so
classy and it has and so many bells and whistle, that I am still learning them. Now I know why Matthew McConaughey agrees to advertise the vehicles, it is not for the money but the Lincolns are a quality vehicle and I do not not just stare at my vehicle, I drive it.

Electronic nighmare.
By Jack

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This care is 12 month old and has been in the shop at least 12 times for different failures. Mostly the Snyc system is a total disaster.