Used 2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews

Used LS for Sale
Select your model:
12345...27

Pros
Cons

My LS

Lincoln JC, 04/27/2009
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS V8 three years ago and loved it in the begining. Start by saying I will never by a lincoln LS again. With a small block V8 didnt think the milage would be this horrible. The K&N filter did help out with more horse power and gas milage. Had to return the car the first week I had it cause of faulty power packs whatever replaced the spark plugs. That cost the dealer over 500 dollars. Transmission is HORRIBLE! after the warrenty company replaced it with brand new trans. Im still having problems. Cost me over 700 to replace alternator. 1200 in tires and window brackets 280 for only one door I have yet to replace the second rear window. would not recommend the Lincoln LS people.

Good Car - Great Value

GUT, 07/19/2009
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

As my 2nd LS, the 2002 has been a workhorse. I have had it for seven years, now, and never had many problems with it. The electrical system has had its problems, over the years, but it has always been underr warranty and never been a severe problem. For those who bought a 5- series BMW, you could have saved your money and had a better vehicle. I would buy it again, if Ford hadn't stopped making them! In case you are wondering why the American auto manufacturers can't survive - look no further than this decision!

Good looking, comfortable cruiser

bigpoppa, 12/03/2009
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 02' V8 in May of 09'. Only 58k on the odometer at the time, and the previous owners seemed to take good mechanical care of it. It is a great looking car! Shine it up and take it for a cruise on a sunny afternoon and it still turns a few heads. Clean lines and a classic "Euro" look means it has aged very well, compared to something like the CTS. I find the ergonomics/levels of comfort perfect for my 6'2" figure, but as others have said, the interior materials need more refinement. The ride is smooth on most surfaces, but gets uncomfortable over rough pavement. Performance is good, can't go wrong with the ol' V8/RWD setup. Fast depreciation makes for a good used value.

So Far, So Good!

KHoffman, 03/01/2010
LSE 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Lincoln LS for one year now and have had no problems whatsoever. The 252 HP V8 delivers very good acceleration and passing other cars is a breeze. Fuel economy is the car's one weak spot. The transmission is smooth shifting (nearly as smooth as my old Buick Regal) and throttle input is good. I bought the LSE trim which has a firmer suspension than the standard LS, so road imperfections are more noticable, but the ride is by no means harsh. The trunk is large enough, but fairly shallow. Even though the design is conservative, it still gets attention from onlookers because there are so few on the road. The LS is everything a luxury car should be.

Love My Early Build 10/99 LS!

ls1bmw0, 02/28/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2000 LS in October 1999. It was an early build model built in July 1999. I have 68,000 miles on it and it has been the most trouble-free car I have owned. Power is adequate, roominess is larger than a BMW 5-series, and the handling is phenomenal! For a car this size it handles like a much smaller German sports sedan. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a luxury sports sedan.

12345...27