Skip to main content
$36,580

Save as much as $654
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Corsair Grand Touring PHEV RULES Class (G2)

Dr. W, 02/06/2022
updated 07/11/2022
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric plug-in hybrid EVT)

OMG! So this is my 3rd FoMoCo hybrid product. First was a 2017 Fusion Hybrid Titanium. Then 2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve Hybrid II, and now this one. I know the powertrain system well. The other two cars were perfect. I only traded the MKZ because of a lemon law claim with a dealer that couldnt repair. Yes I do miss some things- like an ok option to confirm choices on both sides of the steering wheel. Also, the engine cover that quiets, quells, or covers up some of the buzz from the ICE engine. I also miss the 120v household style outlet in the backseat. This one gives all the modern stuff, but I'd rather have the plug (solution is to buy a car inverter for those times). I love the interior. I had to figure out how to darken the lighting, as its kind of spaceship and space age flight theme. I love the wood in the dash. The 'laser' lights in the interior lights are wonderful, but can be too bright at night. I love the 24 way massaging seats, including the thigh support buttons. The heated seats are upgraded too, as they are far warmer and expansive. No other SUV or plug-in hybrid offered them from what I remember. Even the Q5 didnt, but its optioned the same cost $8k more than my G2. The exterior is great too. I tinted the windows AND the privacy glass. In Elite Blue Metallic, it is lighter than i thought, but the contrast with the tint is amazing and I always walk up proud of the color choice. My other vehicles are usually dark and basic, so this marks a change. I've heard that water runs down the cabin- likely due to the slots for the cargo hatch hinges. I'll just get it handwashed. Not much difference versus $20 for the machine that can scrap and scratch paint. I havent tried the deicing nozzle washers yet and other new external features. I do like having the foot-activated hatch, but I've seen it only go halfway up on its own. Im 1300 miles in, having ordered it, and I'm fairly impressed. Not only do the other luxuries not offer the massaging seats, the gas mileage is amazing too. I know the 78-e rating, but Im not able to charge up the 12v while at work, so to maintain 58 mpge during the break-in period, I'm satisfied. I expected it to go up and will update the review at 10k miles. Im now almost at 20k miles. I hate if I start and throw it into drive too quickly, the check engine light comes on lol. If i leave the charge door open, the light comes on. Really, that's about the best I can do. I will get different and better tires when I get to 40k miles. The wireless charger works well. The adaptive cruise and lane centering work well. Massaging seats AMAZING!!

3 out of 5 stars

I wanted to love this little car

Chip Beman, 04/20/2022
Reserve 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Pros: I think it is a very handsome car. The 2.0 is plenty powerful enough for me and I'm getting 30-31 mpg on the highway, now that it has some miles on it. Beautiful interior. Front of the cabin is quiet. Revel audio is quite good. Lots of great features. Things you reach for are all well placed. The drivetrain has been very reliable and the HVAC system is excellent. Cons: Build quality is abysmal. You never know what features will take a vacation. Liftgate? Power seats? Auto hold? The list goes on. There are more creaks, pops, squeaks and rattles that any car should have, especially a Lincoln. Even the seats have become noisy. The is a carpeted exterior wheel liner that falls loose and looks awful. Dealer said it was fixed, twice but still hanging loose. One final annoyance is that it does not like to accept fuel. Filling up takes forever with the gas filler neck unable to accept more than a trickle. Dealer said this was fixed as well... There is so much to like about this Corsair, but so many irritations that I won't be purchasing another Lincoln. It is telling that Consumer Reports ranked Lincoln dead last in reliability and they aren't completely wrong.

1 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

I now own a vehicle that is smarter than I am

Ron, 02/21/2022
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

I have only owned this vehicle for about a week as of this writing, so it is too early for an accurate review. But my first impression is mostly favorable, unlike some other reviews that I have read online. The vehicle has started out tight and rattle-free with plenty of power and comfort. It has all of the option packages which make it even more complicated than the base plug-in hybrid version. I will be going through the 673 page owners manual for some time it would seem. One thing I would have preferred is less plastic in the interior. Granted it is mostly in the areas that you do not readily see. But still, this is supposed to be a luxury SUV. Also, the fact that a rear cargo cover is optional and an engine appearance cover isn't even available at all doesn't gel with the premium price that you have to pay for this vehicle. And finally, this vehicle only has Sync 3. I think that all Lincoln models should have been the first Ford products to get Sync 4 befitting their luxury status. But what are you going to do? I knew all of this going in and I still bought the vehicle anyway. Every time I gaze upon her beautiful ocean drive blue exterior and sandstone interior, all is forgiven. Whoever said that buying a vehicle was always based on rational decisions anyway?

Brett Hastings, 02/25/2022
4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The Corsair is loaded with every option imaginable. The interior is very plush and quiet. The engine has plenty of power. After owning several other luxury makes and models, Lincoln is my wife’s favorite.

Not what I expected

BJB, 04/28/2022
Reserve 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I just brought home a 2022 Lincoln Corsair Reserve. So far I'm not impressed. I traded in my 2016 Escape. One thing that is really important to me is the sound system. The Corsairs sounds like my transistor radio from the 1960s. What a disappointment. For that price car and a Lincoln I was expecting it to at least be as good as my Ford Escape.