Used 2016 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

I’m in Love
By LuLu

2016 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I love my red Lexus 2016 RX 350. The drive is smooth, I love the new technology and safety mechanics that comes with my new car. My sales rep Matthew Mitson was wonderful. He was very patient, helpful, answered my questions. Additionally, he followed up with me after I received my vehicle to make sure everything was great.

Heading for #3
By David

2016 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

This is my second Lexus RX350 and I hope to get a third soon. I believe that says it all.

Not as sporty as it looks, but great bang for buck
By NJCrafterz

2016 Lexus RX 350 F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

My RX 350 F-sport is a great vehicle, which still looks and performs like new. My wife thinks the front seats in my F-model are a bit too firm, but she likes a cushy ride. I drive a lot and now don’t have any lower back issues for the first time in my adult life, so it would be hard for me to find fault with the comfort of these seats. The F-model looks super aggressive, which I love. This car is not as sporty as it looks, but it has plenty of power and performance. It’s not an AMG MB by any stretch, but it also costs half as much. It has adequate trunks/cargo storage, but if you have 5 people and luggage, it can get tight once you load presents and luggage for a family holiday’s-style trip.

It’s been flawless with the exception of a lot of wind buffeting on the panoramic roof when open. I finally took it to dealer and they changed the rubber seals, which significantly reduced the noise. I really wish I had thought of that sooner. Just a great car. It gets a lot of compliments in black. The seat coolers are okay - I live in a fairly hot/humid city and once the car’s black interior gets hot in a parking lot, it takes a while to cool down. On all but the warmest days, the autocooled seats, which integrate seamlessly with the auto-climate control do an excellent job. The seat fan is kind of loud when on high, sounds a bit like you are waiting for your jet plane to taxi. Sound system is excellent, which I’m fairly certain is partially responsible for my newer hearing loss (thank you Mark Levinson).

The lane keep assist only works on straight-aways with newer painted street lane markers. It will let you coast right out of your lane, so don’t rely on it. Other vehicles have more sophisticated systems that do a much better job. The adaptive cruise is nice, but it is super conservative and shuts down in heavy traffic, so it’s not the perfect stop and go solution. Also, when driving in regular traffic, the adaptive cruise doesn’t accelerate very fast, which causes you to make others slow down if you don’t override the system. For example, you are slowed down automatically because you approach a slower moving vehicle in your lane. So, you switch lanes to pass them. It then increases speed at about one mile per second. Anybody coming up in the passing lane behind you thinks you are a real jerk. Not a huge thing, but it’s just too conservative/slow to resume your previous speed without manually stepping on the gas.

I have driven 41k miles in less than 2 years. I enjoy it and would buy this vehicle again.

Lipstick on a pig
By Steve C

2016 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I have previously owned three new Toyota’s: a Camry, Avalon and Highlander. I loved them all for their quiet refinement and great reliability. I thought I’d try the luxury RX350 and bought a new 2016 version. What a mistake. I like the cars style but the driving experience is very unrefined. The drivetrain is crude sounding and the transmission shifts like a manual transmission with a bad clutch. A noticeable vibration occurs at about 1500 rpm and makes the engine sound like a cheap 4 cylinder from the 1980’s. The supposedly cheaper Toyota’s were much more refined. Can’t believe they call this a luxury car. The infotainment system is so poorly designed that it is borderline dangerous to use. Have driven loaners from the 2017 model year and they are little better. Very poor value compared to the sister Toyota division. Have complained repeatedly to Lexus and they say the car operates normally. If you consider an RX I’d recommend a very LONG test drive. Wish I had done the same but expected at least the same and hopefully a better experience than with Toyota division products. Be forewarned that Lexus Corporte will not have your back when problems occur.

Delighted with my 2016 Lexus RX350
By S.E.

2016 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2 year old preowned vehicle that has the luxury package with all the bells and whistles including the very comfortable leather seats and the Mark Levinson audio. I absolutely love everything about it!