Used 2007 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Reviews

Used GX 470 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Great Lux Truck

Daniel, 11/09/2009
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV. It has great off road ability and as such some of the on road ride/performance is sacrificed but if you take it off road or drive in weather you will appreciate it. If your primary use is on road and in clear road conditions, you may want to go with another option. But if you drive off road, in snow, heavy rain etc. this is a great choice. I also am evidently one of the few that like the swing out door. It makes loading heavy objects (luggage, mulch etc,) simpler because you don't have to reach over a lowered tailgate. I have encountered more issues with ceiling height (garage) interfering with flip up gates than the swing out. 30,000 miles, not one problem.

If I knew then & Look Before You Leap

NJC, 12/08/2009
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Service, build quality, and drive could not be more impressive but this is the first car I have not connected with. It just seems to have no soul if you know what I mean. It's personality is vanilla - unless u frequently drive off road. I loathe the navigation system. You can't do anything with it while u drive (including read song and artist names of music u are playing). No rear heat controls nor rear heated seats. 3rd row is a joke. My 5'1" wife cannot put the rear seats up or down... Terribly difficult. Not enough cabin storage for this size vehicle. Spend time with this car before you own it. This is a real SUV - Not a fun car to own just to carpool around town in.

Poor Trade in Value

Dana, 08/19/2008
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my GX470 new in 2007. Very comfortable rise and fun to drive. Outstanding DVD and sound system. Multi-CD/DVD exchanger hard to reach. Arm rest on front seats are annoying as they keep locking in up positions. Poor gas MPG (18). Third row seating cramped. Worst complaint is depreciation value. Pd. $58,000+ new, 1 1/2 yrs later, trade in value is $27K - $31K. (27K - 31K lost in 1 1/2 yrs. Unbelievable!!)

They Just Keep Getting Better

DMC, 03/13/2007
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Lexus, and I have previously owned the LX 470. My GX has almost all the great amenities the LX did, but because it is a little smaller, much easier to manuever. Not to sound sexist, but this vehicle fits a man. My wife likes it, but prefers her RX 350 AWD. And that is just fine with me! I am averaging just over 18 MPG. From my frame of reference, that's decent. If I had wanted great mileage, I would have bought a Prius. The ride is great, the stereo surround sound is great, and it is very quiet. What else could one ask for?

Now my old lady wants one too

gx470818, 11/11/2006
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our 2nd Lexus but first Lexus SUV w/ a V8 eng. This baby's ride is so smooth and quiet it's amazing that it have a V8 under the hood. The acceleration is awesome especially when getting on freeway I have to learn not to step on the gas pedal too hard if there is car in front of me, otherwise I have to step on brake or I'm going to rear-end it. We both love to drive so much that my wife want one too.

12345...7