2021 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $2,768
Incentive offers available
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Lexus continue to nickle and dime GX customers!

Vlad S., 02/01/2021
Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Someone at Lexus decided to remove the passenger side mirror auto-dimming feature from the 2021 GX 460 after having it available on a GX since 2010! My Father's 2006 ES 330 and my wife's 2015 RX 350 both have dual auto-dimming mirrors, but my $70k brand sparkling new GX doesn't because Lexus decided to do yet another cheap skate trick to their most loyal customers! None of the Lexus vehicle have the cult following like the GX do and yet Lexus continues to rob us of one feature after another. My 2008 GX 470 had air suspension and rear height adjustment standard across all trim lines along with the wood and leather streeing wheel...and a single $3k package automatically included Navigation, Backup camera and Mark Levinson stereo. Now in order to get all of the above-mentioned features, once must opt for the top of the line Luxury model costing nearly $15k more than the base trim and even then they must still pay extra for Mark Levinson stereo! And it's still not enough for the Lexus bottom line! Now they saved another ($100?) with the anti-glare removal from the passenger side mirror...something that is available on EVERY other Lexus vehicle, some selling for over $20k less than the GX 460! SHAME on you Lexus! You have lost a very loyal customer by your decision to save a dime! No more Lexus for me going forward!

Gx460 is a keeper!!!

Ckt85, 01/10/2021
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

So in love with our GX460. So far it is perfect in every way. Yes, maybe not gas mileage, but that’s to be expected with 4wd.

Solid and reliable! Old school quality!

MrBill, 02/17/2021
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

First Lexus in our household and chose this one over the RX-350. GX460 has more headroom and is a heavier vehicle overall. Ours has the Premium Plus package and Sport Appearance Group (black onyx/ecru) and looks great. The Mark Levinson sound system is outstanding and this vehicle will go just about anywhere in style. No, it doesn’t have all the latest tech features but we’re perfectly happy with the layout and ease of use of its controls and its suite of safety features is very good. Gas mileage is not great but safety and reliability should be outstanding as well as resale value. It’s definitely not a one size fits all SUV but for our purposes we think it’s a great choice.

Ad
  • $53,250starting MSRP

love my 2021 gx 460 premium w/ sport package

Louis C, 02/27/2021
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Don't listen to negative reviews, i was shopping around Range rovers, Mercedes suv and this Lexus Gx since i drove a GS 350 which was bulletproof reliable. The range rovers have awful reliability complaints, mercedes are nice but don't hold their value well so i went to Lexus and test drove this 2021 Gx with sport pack and fell in love. The infotainment system is plain but works and im getting 14.5-16.5 mpg in city and 19-20 mpg in hwy which is not bad for a v8. Love the triple beam headlights ! it makes it look almost like a new bodystyle Gx even though its a refresh. This car with the sport package, 19 inch black wheels and white paint exterior turns heads. I was looking at 2020 pre owned and they are almost same price as the deal i got on new one, these hold value very well so you won't have to be thousands upside down when its time to trade like a range rover junk or mercedes and on top of that its bulletproof reliable !

Meh!

SAC, 03/18/2021
Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I just got the 2021 Lexus GX luxury with the sport package, black with red interior. Previously I had a 2017 Tahoe. I like the look of the Lexus, the grille is not the greatest feature but I don’t have an issue with that. My issue is the technology. Compared to a 2017 Tahoe I feel like I stepped back in time. My first complaint is the lack of Apple CarPlay, the dealership said they could add that aftermarket for $1,600. The navigation sucks, even when I use the live person. The Alexa won’t send the directions to the screen. The “home” screen is never the Home Screen, the car always starts on the navigation screen. The gas mileage is awful plus it takes premium fuel. You would think for a luxury line vehicle it would have state of the art technology. I wanted this car for so long and spent over $70k and I’m so disappointed.