Used 2016 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Reviews

Used GX 460 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

45 days in - very pleased

Pleease., 03/14/2019
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We had a beautiful 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland that we loved, but at 133k miles the repairs were getting costly (replace air suspension, 2k; headlight module, 1k, etc.), and we needed better rear passenger space. When I'd show my wife pics of potential Jeep replacements, she'd say "looks like a van!" (MDX, Pilot, etc.), and sometimes "where's the wooden steering wheel" - mostly joking, having been spoiled by the fancy Jeep trim. We typically buy late-model used, and came across a certified 2016 GX460 "premium" (aka middle grade) with 29k, black with tan interior, super clean. So far really enjoying the solid feel, quality of materials, the touch of "truckiness" (always enjoyed how the Jeep rocked a little going over the curb), etc. - a very nice machine. Like others, I'm amused by the "professional reviewers" who call it a "behemoth", "vague", "desperately in need of updating" and so on. The thing is essentially the same size as the Jeep, and yet even though the GX is an old-ish design, they got so much more out of the interior space. The 2nd row is definitely roomier, and while we haven't used row 3 yet, at least it has one. And it's an absolute pleasure to drive - strong acceleration, but you need to put your foot into it....not one of those quick-jump-but-no-guts power curves - and the transmission is like butter. The Jeep's tranny used to annoy me, pausing between gears when going up a sharp hill - would need to manual shift too often. Also I don't know the diameter or height of the wheels, but even though they're 18" they have to be as tall as the low-profile 20"s on the Jeep....and of course they absorb shock SO much better. Finally, just about every high-quality 3 row SUV with a reasonable # of miles was in the same general price range. Frankly that made the used-GX choice somewhat easy in terms of value.

Love this car!

13414114, 10/04/2017
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We've had this Lexus for around a year now and it's been great! Very reliable, and nice styling. We chose this over the 4Runner because of more luxury options and better exterior styling. I wish we had the second row captain's chairs, but that's only on higher trims. It's overall a very nice car. We've taken it on a long road trip and it was great. Rear entertainment is a great feature, too. You can't go wrong!

The Ultimate SUV

First Lexus, 06/23/2018
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The GX is amazing! After two years of ownership, I continue to be pleased. Everything is great, and love the rear control A/C and heat, styling, and the feel and quietness of the drive. I do wish the rear camera was better, but that isn’t a big deal, it works. My only complaint is that I wish it gave more warning when low on fuel, seems to just pop up all the sudden. Everything looks and works great, no regrets here!

2016 GX460 AWESOME CAR

Applefritter1, 08/29/2019
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Currently have 11,500 miles on it. Didn't ever have to use 3 year warranty, and have only taken in for service. Towed Airstream Bambi (19ft) with ease. Very comfortable ride, good on ice and snow. Overall, excellent car.

2016 GX460

stephen peng, 09/06/2016
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is the SUV, not crossover or anything like the BMW X5 or Acura MDX. It drives like a true SUV should be. I have less then 1000 miles on it. I consider it as a full size and luxury type of the Toyota FJ curser. Which is the go everywhere kind of vehicle. I am very happy with the vehicle.

12345...6