Used 2016 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Reviews

Used GX 460 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Lexus...buy it for looks buy it to last..

Eric, 08/21/2018
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2017 Lexus GX 460 (V8 4x4) as I simply wanted a vehicle to work, be reliable and look great doing it whilst holding it's value. I can not believe the few whiny, sniveling folks who have complained about nothingness (e.g): "not the best fuel economy" - if 15 to 20+ mpg is bad to you, then you can not afford this excellent vehicle anyway. -Eric (from Coeur d'Alene)

This Is My Second Lexus GX

Patrick, 09/15/2016
Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Drove a 2006 Lexus GX for 10 years and 130,000 miles. Not one problem from the day I drove it off the dealer's lot. In August 2016 I purchased a new 2016 GX 460. It is a solid car; extremely quiet and the workmanship is high quality. Very pleased with it. I looked a numerous SUVs ( not crossovers ) and kept coming back to the Lexus GX. For the money it is a good value. Anticipate driving this one for another 10 years.

Please make a V8 4Runner again Toyota!

Mike, 11/20/2015
4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying we did NOT buy this because of the badge on the hood! I have read so many comments at the bottom of reviews for the GX that rip it shreds and proclaim it nothing more than a mall crawler, trophy wife truck and an outdated one at that. I will not disagree that in many instances those comments apply, but I applaud Toyota for offering a BOF SUV with a V8, I only wish I didn't have to buy a Lexus to get it. This vehicle is for my wife, and yes she's my trophy and yes she does a fair amount of mall crawling, BUT....we also regularly tow a travel trailer and aren't afraid to traverse trails, cross small streams or other off road activities with bikes mounted on the roof, kids and dogs in the back. We actually NEED capability and USE it! I am a long time Toyota fan, having owned multiple Tacomas and Lexus LS400's when I was in sales and I can't say enough good about their quality and longevity. I sold my last LS400 with 267k on the odometer running strong! With a travel trailer, two kids and a dog the '03 Tacoma double cab V6 wasn't cutting it for tow duties any longer and we test drove and fell in love with the 4Runner's looks and attitude. What I didn't fall in love with was the 4.0L V6 and 4,700 lb tow rating. With that bad news, my research led me to the "Lexified" version of the 4Runner, aka GX460. From the moment we drove it, she loved the interior feel, looks(controversial) and smooth V8. I liked the 6,500lb tow rating and the interior upgrades over the 4Runner. We looked at Tahoes/Yukons but didn't need that much size, looked at Jeep GC's but wanted a 3rd row and also looked at the Land Rover LR4. I absolutely loved the LR4 and was smitten with it's feel, looks, heritage and off road prowess. She didn't care for it at all, and since we plan to keep this vehicle for a long time I figured it was much wiser to go with a Toyota rather than a Land Rover. I quickly realized that Toyota took a smart pill and figured out "Why sell a V8 4Runner, when you can push consumers to the Lexus brand?" We bought in hook, line and sinker. It's a great truck, albeit heavy,thirsty, and expensive but if you want or need to tow and go off road your choices are pretty limited these days. I'm confident it will serve us well for years to come. If you don't have a need for "duty" get an RX or one of the other countless lifted sedans out there. 11/23/16 Update We have owned the vehicle for a year now and towed a 3,500lb camper over a thousand miles on two occasions. The truck doesn't mind a bit and transports its occupants in style and comfort. A couple caveats: 1) We have seen significantly better mileage using premium fuel, not sure why. 2) It returns about 9-12 MPG when towing our camper 3) It sags a bit more than I care for when towing, but we do not have the self-leveling suspension. 4) The "leather" on the seats is sub-par for a $57,000 truck in my opinion. It is my understanding that this model is going away after 2017, so if you want/need a big body on frame SUV for towing in style with Toyota quality you'd better act quickly.

Get one before they are gone for good.

Free Thinker, 12/17/2016
Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

i have owned many Toyota and Lexus products through out the years and they have all been great. This is my first GX. What a truck! It's luxury meets old school solid off road warrior. I lease my cars and got a Lease quote on a 4 Runner with the TRD package, which I loved, but it's not the type truck you can take to an opera, plus the lease program was not so great. Then I looked at the 2017 GX 460 base model Black exterior with Sepia Nu Lux imitation leather interior and all the 4x4 goods that come on this truck. I was amazed how great it drove and just how old school it still felt, but in a good way. This thing is a true off roader and it's based more on the Land Cruiser Prado than the 4 runner. With driverless cars and the electric vehicles being the desired way of the future. I can't imagine this rough and Tough Lexus being made available to much longer and replaced with something more trendy. For us 4x4 truck lovers. Now is the time to grab a 4Runner, GX, land cruiser before they are gone just like the FJ. I love my GX because it's everything the 4Runner is and much more. Will be buying mine at the end of the lease which is fortunately my option to do so, plus the resale value is so good it's truly a no brainer.

Reliability and Comfort

Terrence Cardwell, 12/26/2016
Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The GX is a bargain. It's extremely comfortable to drive and it holds the road better than any SUV I've driven. It's quiet and comfortable yet it's powerful and agile. There's not a better deal out there. The car is very safe to drive. The cross traffic warning and large rear view camera come in handy when parking, backing up, and maneuvering in close spaces. This is my second GX and I have yet to experience a quality issue or have need of a repair. It's quiet and handles poor road conditions very well.

12345...6