Used 2013 Lexus ES 300h Consumer Reviews

Used ES 300h for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Unique model with some minor shortcomings

jpallen01, 10/12/2012

My wife and I purchased this car 2 weeks ago and we have nearly 1000 miles on it already. We are generally very pleased with it. It has a ton of room in the front and rear seats. It is very quiet, the ride is excellent and the handling is capable. We anticipate the fuel mileage will be in the 40 range when we stop playing with it. Currently we are getting 36MPH in mixed driving. The controls are well thought out but the Lexus Enform and Navigation Tech is taking a little getting use to. I hope they will update the software with some better navigation of the menus. But the Tech is still very cool. The Hybrid system rocks! Changes from motor to battery with hardly a notice! Its a keeper.

First time hybrid owner

johnnyrainbow, 07/04/2013
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Up until now, hybrids looked like, well.....hybrids. Little bug like vehicles that got great mileage but that's where it stopped. This thing, this 300h, has the looks, reliability, fuel efficiency, comfort and luxury we've been waiting for. Being only $2,500.00 more than it's gas only brother, the ES350, Lexus did us a great favor. The extra dollars spent up front really gets made up in the great fuel economy in just a few years, versus 10-12 years with a lot of hybrids. As of today, 1/10/17, I have to say my ratings all hold true. Still a very reliable, enjoyable car to have. No issues whatsoever. As of today, 7/11/17, we still own the Lexus 300h and it has been trouble free and we have put very little into the car except to keep up with the maintenance schedule. If I were looking for a used car in the luxury category, I would really consider this car. 1/9/18: Still very satisfied with this car. No issues at all. The most trouble free car we have owned over the last 38 years. As far as buying a used 2013 Lexus 300h, I would do it in a heartbeat.

About what I expected

socal21st, 11/27/2013

I've been driving this car for about three months now and I finally feel as if I'm qualified to write a review. I'm coming from a BMW 525i 2005 model. Overall it compares favorably. It's not as sporty as a BMW. Signature Lexus features such as mushy steering, floaty suspension and certain accents you know they got from a Toyota. I paid $47k out the door for the luxury option model with heated/cooled seats, parking assist, side sensors, smart cruise control, voice command, GPS, etc. About the mileage. I'm getting 37 on the city and 42 on the highway for about 39-40 combined. You need to learn how to drive this car for efficiency if you want the full hybrid mileage advantages.

First time Lexus and Hybrid Owner - former "German-Only" car buyer

g007, 09/30/2012
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was in the market for a vehicle that had a roomy back seat and good fuel economy and AWD or front-wheel drive for driving in snow. I had a VW CC and looked at the Passat Diesel and Audi A8L. I've owned only German vehicles because I like how they drive (Mercedes GL320, Porsche Boxter, VW Touareg, CC, and GTI). The new 2013 Lexus ES300 caught my eye because of the 40 inch rear leg room, and 40 mpg in city and highway. Plus, it uses regular fuel. My German cars required premium fuel and diesel is not always convenient. I never cared for the Lexus styling as I thought it was rather bland. However, the new horizontal dash resembles the BMW styling and is much more stylish than the VW.

Love Everything, EXCEPT...

murphy50, 12/16/2013

Ok, everything is great, except the darn front seats. The front seat cushion side bolsters dig into my hips and thighs. It gets annoying and makes me want to dump the car. Last years model had fantastic seats for the butt. I am not fat - in fact I am skinny and tall, and in my early 40's. If you have a slightly larger than average butt, you better sit in this awhile. I do not like it and mad that I have to "get used to it" I want everyone to know that this is something to look at, and what I consider a design mistake

12345...6