Used 2012 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:

Head gasket fail 112k ~~~
By Andrea Marcela

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Can't believe how EXPENSIVE!!!!!! I need a head gasket at 112k. Changed oil religiously always in the dealer service department. it appears this is a common occurrence with this engine. I'm so so bumped out!!!!!!

An excellent hybrid car.
By John S

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 30k miles on this car and it has worked flawlessly from day one. No range anxiety and I get 42-44 mpg. Seats are very comfortable and the Lexus quality is apparent everywhere in the car.

Head gasket fail 170k
By AB

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Can't believe I need a head gasket at 170k. Changed oil regligously. After looking on the web it appears this is a common occurrence with this engine.

Zippy Ct 200
By Guy Mapstone

2012 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great on gas and ride is comfortable.

A white collar prius
By Seth Stewart

2012 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car as a second owner with a very deep discount. It had 30,000 miles on it and was in excellent condition. I have the 2012 f sport. I chose it because I did my research. A large portion of taxi cab drivers in New York City drive the Toyota Prius. They can take a beating and are very reliable. They also get incredible gas mileage. But in my own opinion the prius is very ugly. Then steps in the Lexus ct200h; the prius's cousin that won prom king and took home the best looking girl on the cheer leading team. Don't get me wrong, there are some definite trade offs between the two. You have the same power train and reliability. You don't get the same gas mileage but it is still darn good. The acceleration isn't that good. But I can drive out windy country roads going 70mph driving with my pinky finger. It stays flat in turns with no body roll. The suspension is very stiff and sporty but comes with a draw back NEVER HIT POT HOLES. It will literally rattle your fillings out. You can feel every single nick, crack, chip, whatever i the road. It is the equivalent of wearing those silly shoes with the individual toes. My wife hates this and I love it. Oh I bought this car when I was single and didn't have any kids. I wouldn't recommend this for people who are planning on having kids. It is possible but car seats are very difficult to fit. I mean you cannot be a tall person and fit a childs car seat in the rear facing position. I like it because of the handling, the economy, the comfort, the reliability, the looks, and the ease of driving. It is stupid easy to operate, just don't curb those f sport rims. Oh and change your fluids like you care about you car. I changed the transmission fluid the instant I got the car. There is this misconception that people don't need to change their transmission fluid EVER. That advice is only for KIA drivers. Everybody acts like this car can't drive on the interstate. Don't listen to them. I've gone across the country with the car full of adults. Just take it out of ECO mode so the car can breath a little. As far as space goes, my wife does caterings and uses my car, she lays the seats down and can do caterings for a 100 people or so. If acceleration is a big deal breaker go buy a Tesla. If you can't afford it do what I did.