Skip to main content

Used CT 200h for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

A white collar prius

Seth Stewart, 08/25/2017
updated 08/13/2018
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car as a second owner with a very deep discount. It had 30,000 miles on it and was in excellent condition. I have the 2012 f sport. I chose it because I did my research. A large portion of taxi cab drivers in New York City drive the Toyota Prius. They can take a beating and are very reliable. They also get incredible gas mileage. But in my own opinion the prius is very ugly. Then steps in the Lexus ct200h; the prius's cousin that won prom king and took home the best looking girl on the cheer leading team. Don't get me wrong, there are some definite trade offs between the two. You have the same power train and reliability. You don't get the same gas mileage but it is still darn good. The acceleration isn't that good. But I can drive out windy country roads going 70mph driving with my pinky finger. It stays flat in turns with no body roll. The suspension is very stiff and sporty but comes with a draw back NEVER HIT POT HOLES. It will literally rattle your fillings out. You can feel every single nick, crack, chip, whatever i the road. It is the equivalent of wearing those silly shoes with the individual toes. My wife hates this and I love it. Oh I bought this car when I was single and didn't have any kids. I wouldn't recommend this for people who are planning on having kids. It is possible but car seats are very difficult to fit. I mean you cannot be a tall person and fit a childs car seat in the rear facing position. I like it because of the handling, the economy, the comfort, the reliability, the looks, and the ease of driving. It is stupid easy to operate, just don't curb those f sport rims. Oh and change your fluids like you care about you car. I changed the transmission fluid the instant I got the car. There is this misconception that people don't need to change their transmission fluid EVER. That advice is only for KIA drivers. Everybody acts like this car can't drive on the interstate. Don't listen to them. I've gone across the country with the car full of adults. Just take it out of ECO mode so the car can breath a little. As far as space goes, my wife does caterings and uses my car, she lays the seats down and can do caterings for a 100 people or so. If acceleration is a big deal breaker go buy a Tesla. If you can't afford it do what I did.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Stylish well built car, not suitable for families!

Richard Waldron, 03/02/2015
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this car almost 3 years now, just reached the 30k mark. It is a great little car with good gas savings. We seem to average about 40-45 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. I really only have 2 complaints.. 1. It is very low. So low I can not drive it up my drive without scrapping the bottom. So I have to park it on the street. 2. It is great for 1-2 people, but the back is too small for adults. With a baby on the way we will have to trade it in. Definitely no room for a stroller in the trunk! Trunk can not even fit a regular size suitcase. Tip: go to Toyota not Lexus for any servicing. A major Lexus service costs around $750. Toyota charge $200 for exactly the same service

CT 200h Lexus 2012

ld14, 12/08/2011
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought this car a couple weeks ago. The mileage is amazing; I am getting about 44-45 MPG, better than I expected. The car drives nicely and hugs the road tightly, so that i feel in good control. It is sporty and fun, and looks like a technologically advanced car inside. The use of space is very good. The only thing better would be the same car in a larger version.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Outstanding Car

megaman4, 02/11/2012
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We had the car for over two weeks now, what a great vehicle. The gas mileage is outstanding, amazing how little it costs to fill this car up and how far you get on a full tank. Moving form a larger vehicle, it does take some time to get used to. Very responsive steering, good visibility from all angles. It really is a fun car to drive, plenty of space for the front and rear passengers.

Love this Car!!

viv86, 03/22/2012
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted a hybrid but resorted to looking at cars with better gas mileage until I saw this car in a commercial and then at an Auto Show. I am so glad I found this car! I am getting the same gas mileage as the estimates but am trending better than 43 mpg. I've only had it for two weeks and the mpg is getting better as I continue to learn how to drive it. The trunk space the interior cabin are small but for someone who doesn't drive a lot of passengers around it is fine. The beauty of this car is that you can get more power just by turning a dial to "sport mode". When in that mode the pick up is noticeably quicker than when in "normal mode". I am very happy with this car!

12345...9