2017 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:

Never Buy a Land Rover Discovery
By Nikki Meyers

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Picked my Disco up last August...it was flat bedded back to the dealership within hours! It is in the dealership right now...it is the SIXTH time, and they usually have my car for 7-10 days every time. Only has 5000 miles on it and have had non-stop issues, many that you have featured on here. The infotainment system has been "update" 7 times and is STILL very much broken. Cameras, sensors, apps, nav, bluetooth, gets stuck off then gets stuck on even when the car is turned completely off and I am out of it...you name it...it's broken. It was in for nearly 2 weeks, and within a week I had to have it picked back up. Right now they are trying to fix: Hood cable is too long and could be a "very bad situation" (their words), the infamous infotainment system disaster, no less then 3 warning lights on, windshield washer fluid spilling everywhere and always showing it empty (even though it has not ever been used), and this big one: Twice while driving down the road (not while at a light, etc..) the car randomly shuts off and goes into an idle mode! The service guy today told me that he doesn't know why no one ever called me because it could have been very unsafe and he was sure that it scared me (it did!), and that this "should"take care of it. Apparently it was something with the ECM and their was a needed update to the engine control unit that is the Powertrain for the vehicle! Hand to God that's what he said! Iv'e been trying to give this car back for months...such a ridiculous situation and company. never again. Keep in mind this is only about half of the problems I have had

Like Riding on A Cloud
By VL Fowler

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

We have had our Disco for 3 months now and never for a moment have we regretted the purchase. Before ordering the Disco we drove MANY other luxury models and were leasing a Benz. Nothing compared to the comfort and capabilities of the Disco. We were trading in our pick-up that was used to tow our 22' sailboat, and the Disco has taken on that duty with panache---never a groan or complaint. The dealership and sales rep were very accommodating and a pleasure to work with. I am certain that we will be repeat customers of Land Rover. The quality and craftsmanship are unsurpassed.

2017 Discovery Diesel.
By Porsche Fan.

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Td6 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

The car looks and drives like a dream. The great majority of my cars were German, this particular car drives better than what I had but the reliability is questionable. The car had being in the shop now 3 times with only 16K miles. Biggest issue had being with the Turbo Management system, it had gone to Restrictive Drive 4 times and check engine light is now in the dashboard. Disappointing experience after I had spend $60K in an SUV. My expectation for the brand was much higher than what they are delivering. I'm hopping that I can get the issues resolved as I love the how the car drives.

Terrible Experience
By Eleonora Leibman

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Td6 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is our first (and definitely last) Land Rover. We purchased this for our large family of 6 after previously driving the Mercedes GL350 and Infiniti QX60. The Discovery doesn't compare with either vehicle - especially in terms of reliability. In the first two months of ownership, the car was at the dealership's service department for 40 days with a laundry list of problems: car was jerking during acceleration, infotainment screen freezes, air conditioning comes out hot, constant error messages on dash, DEF depleted quickly, etc. Land Rover America has been difficult to deal with - customer service is not worthy of the luxury price of this car. Never buying a Land Rover again.

2017 Discovery is a lemon
By Alberto de Armas

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

2107 Discovery is a lemon and worse is the customer service from Alan’s Rover North America and Warren Henry North Dade!! For the past seven months I have had the truck I had electrical issues with the computer and the infotainment system. After for attempts to repair they couldn’t fix. I filed for final attempt and it didn’t work. So I have been fight with Warren Henry Land Rover North Dade and Land Rover North American. They didn’t want to return my money. I hate the way both the dealer and the manufacturer have handled my case. Sad after 12 years of being a client of Warren Henry and Land Rover they did this to me. I finally settled for 2 of the 7 payments I did and the accessories and settlement. It was the worse experience ever with a dealer and a manufacturer. I do NOT recommend buying from Warren Henry nor a Land Rover!!! They lost me as a client for ever and I will make it my goal to make sure everyone I can tell I will!!