2017 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:

Like Riding on A Cloud
By VL Fowler

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

We have had our Disco for 3 months now and never for a moment have we regretted the purchase. Before ordering the Disco we drove MANY other luxury models and were leasing a Benz. Nothing compared to the comfort and capabilities of the Disco. We were trading in our pick-up that was used to tow our 22' sailboat, and the Disco has taken on that duty with panache---never a groan or complaint. The dealership and sales rep were very accommodating and a pleasure to work with. I am certain that we will be repeat customers of Land Rover. The quality and craftsmanship are unsurpassed.

2017 Discovery Diesel.
By Porsche Fan.

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Td6 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

The car looks and drives like a dream. The great majority of my cars were German, this particular car drives better than what I had but the reliability is questionable. The car had being in the shop now 3 times with only 16K miles. Biggest issue had being with the Turbo Management system, it had gone to Restrictive Drive 4 times and check engine light is now in the dashboard. Disappointing experience after I had spend $60K in an SUV. My expectation for the brand was much higher than what they are delivering. I'm hopping that I can get the issues resolved as I love the how the car drives.

Terrible Experience
By Eleonora Leibman

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Td6 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is our first (and definitely last) Land Rover. We purchased this for our large family of 6 after previously driving the Mercedes GL350 and Infiniti QX60. The Discovery doesn't compare with either vehicle - especially in terms of reliability. In the first two months of ownership, the car was at the dealership's service department for 40 days with a laundry list of problems: car was jerking during acceleration, infotainment screen freezes, air conditioning comes out hot, constant error messages on dash, DEF depleted quickly, etc. Land Rover America has been difficult to deal with - customer service is not worthy of the luxury price of this car. Never buying a Land Rover again.

2017 Discovery is a lemon
By Alberto de Armas

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

2107 Discovery is a lemon and worse is the customer service from Alan’s Rover North America and Warren Henry North Dade!! For the past seven months I have had the truck I had electrical issues with the computer and the infotainment system. After for attempts to repair they couldn’t fix. I filed for final attempt and it didn’t work. So I have been fight with Warren Henry Land Rover North Dade and Land Rover North American. They didn’t want to return my money. I hate the way both the dealer and the manufacturer have handled my case. Sad after 12 years of being a client of Warren Henry and Land Rover they did this to me. I finally settled for 2 of the 7 payments I did and the accessories and settlement. It was the worse experience ever with a dealer and a manufacturer. I do NOT recommend buying from Warren Henry nor a Land Rover!!! They lost me as a client for ever and I will make it my goal to make sure everyone I can tell I will!!

Comfort, style, technology, and ride are tops
By Nick

2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This is my third Land Rover purchase. I traded in my LR3 and kept my LR4 and added this Discovery LUX. Since I wanted all the newest features I went for the LUX model and I am not disappointed. The new technology is excellent. The safety and parking features are a huge plus. The dealership pulled out all the stops when we got it home and found the pump for the windshield washer jets was not working. They drove us a loaner, picked this one up and drove it back to the dealership and fixed it, then brought it back the same day. My only complaint is the activity key. It is not working so the dealer has ordered us a new one and we will try that. I have to admit that having the back hatch open and close by waving my foot under it is a huge plus when my hands are full. And being able to see the car and all it's surroundings on my screen while manuvering the vehicle is a plus. But the best by far is the smart cruise control. No more braking and restarting the cruise when I come up on a vehicle but can't pass yet. The car slows down until I am far enough away and then it speeds right back up. The changeable ambient lighting in the car is fun too!