Skip to main content

Save as much as $3,058
Select your trim:
12345...9

1 out of 5 stars

Watch out for the "GRILL"

Frustrated KIA, Orland Park Il, 05/31/2023
2023 Kia Telluride S 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I bought my brand new 2023 Telluride in January, went to turn on my AC for the first time this May and it did not work. Took it to the service department at the dealer who said "we will take a look, but if a rock pierced the condenser it is not covered" (strange that would be the first thing he says, has this happened before????) to which we replied "we don't drive with the hood open" and "don't work on our car until you call to say what is wrong" (we didn't want to get hit with a huge bill unknowingly). After a few hours the service department called back and said "a rock pierced your condenser and it will cost $2400 to repair and it is not covered under warranty" Turns out the grill has a designed flaw and allows rocks to pierce and break the air conditioning while driving. We called Kia Corporate, still waiting a week to hear back. We called back the Sales Manager who after discussing our concerns stated "I don't design cars, I just sell them, and if you don't like it, take your car and go somewhere else" So we had to pay $265 (Kia's fee) to diagnose that a rock pierced the condenser on a brand new car that never once had the air conditioning used. BTW, this is my 4th Kia that I have purchased, but never again. Do better KIA!!

2 out of 5 stars

2023-2024 Telluride Buyers Beware (caveat emptor)

Matt, 06/25/2023
2023 Kia Telluride SX-Prestige X-Pro 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

If you are looking for a grocery-getter, school taxi, beach valet, the 2023-2024 Tellurides are wonderful vehicles. However, if you think you might need a trailer hitch for the slightest reason, stop and move on to another vehicle. Despite purchasing their top of the line X-Pro advertised for towing and marketed with a tow hitch displayed, there is no OEM hitch available. I have been back and forth with KIA corporate for months on the availability of an OEM hitch and wire harness. Their latest response basically stated, there is no solution, no ETA for a solution, but you can have your dealer install a third-party product. The response to the warranty question was frustratingly vague and based on my limited experience with KIA I would expect them to deny any warranty related work related remotely to towing or the hitch once installed. Let's not even mention the fact that third party hitches either hang below the bumper (compromising ground clearance) or require cutting of the facia trim since KIA doesn't supply one. The warranty document referenced in their reply basically states they will not warranty a third-party product (normal warranty exclusion), which is what I expected. Given their track-record with electrical fires I'm more concerned about the wire harness, which the warranty does state: *"****What is*** ***not covered****: Damage or corrosion due to such factors as accidents, negligence, improper repairs or adjustments, misuse, alterations or collision."* They key part of this phrase is "*Damage due improper alterations*" A third-party wire harness (even the palisade one) could be construed as an improper alteration. So. This will be my first and last KIA product. ***caveat emptor***

2 out of 5 stars

Tow mode but no towing available

Stephen , 06/07/2023
2023 Kia Telluride SX-Prestige X-Line 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

KIA has indeed created a wonderful SUV with the promise of towing power, cooling, and weight up to 5500 lbs. Maybe. Unfortunately they have not (cannot?) design a wiring harness which allows you to legally hook up a trailer. 8 months after selling me a very nice vehicle with Tow Mode, KIA still cannot make the part that allows owners to legally use any trailer. KIA is well aware of the issue. See, for example, — https://tellurideforum.org/threads/the-2023-telluride-towing-saga-adding-some-data-and-pictures-and-its-not-great-news.13276/page-14 Buy one if you don’t care about being able to tow.

DO NOT BUY ANY KIA

Mark, 06/13/2023
2023 Kia Telluride SX-Prestige X-Pro 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Bought the 2023 Telluride in April. Good for one week. Back gate started opening on its own WHILE driving. Dealer has tried to fix it 4 times but can't figure out the cause. The dealer has tried to work with Kia corporate and so have we. Kia corporate is of NO help. Engineers are unresponsive and so is customer support. Lemon law has been enacted but they won't send us the paper work. Once we sell this car back to Kia we will be looking for a new car, because Kia customer support has been so terrible. Update: Kia is now saying they will not issue Lemon Law...however, the dealer has had the car for more than 30 days, attempted more than 4 times to fix AND it is a safety hazard. A lawyer will now be involved!

3 out of 5 stars

2023 Telluride Instrument Cluster

Frustrated New 2023 Kia Owner, 02/16/2023
2023 Kia Telluride SX-Prestige X-Line 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Under 7000 miles on my 2023 and my instrument cluster went blank (blinking blank). Dealer is helpful, but I cant say that I am thrilled to pay over MSRP AND lose my vehicle for an unknown amount of time so my instrument gauges work. Of course this is my rating for now, I will follow up...

3 out of 5 stars