Used 2016 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Superior Safety Sedona
By Keith

2016 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Kia Sedona is a great value for the money in comparison to similar vehicles. Having a family size of 8 the cargo space and storage is great!!! Gas mileage is also good in comparison to similar vehicles. The Sedona is equipped with great safety features such as side curtain air bags, back up camera, and proximity audible alarms for rear and front. For the price and safety features you can't beat a Kia Sedona!!!!

Fabulous vehicle, still after almost 40,000 miles
By Peter

2016 Kia Sedona SX Limited 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Had for over one year, two huge road trips. On 12,000 mile trip at the moment. Getting 24.5 mpg. Looked at Pacifica, didn't like. Turning circle much better on Sedona, didn't like transmission knob. Sedona can be shifted manually, was great in the Colorado mountains last week. Sedona looks and operates more like a SUV than a minivan. Zero problems.
Update January 2018: The Sedona still has not had one problem. It has nearly 29,000 trouble-free miles, and has averaged 23.9 mpg in all types of driving. For some reason car reviews knock the Sedona for bad mileage. Lead foot maybe? Normal driving gets excellent mileage. Plus it's quick. Car and Driver clocked it at 7.4 seconds 0-60. I had an upscale 2015 SUV as my last car and it didn't handle as well as the Sedona, was less comfortable, had much less cargo space, had poorer visibility, and on and on. To me, the minivan makes a lot more sense than an SUV -- unless you plan to go off-road, which few people do. There are other good minivans to buy, but I wouldn't trade my Sedona for any of them. Plus, it has the best warranty in the car business. Easy decision, at least for me.
Update July 2018: Just returned from a 6000 mile road trip. Again, everything was perfect. No problems whatsoever. MPG was 24.9 for the whole trip. Now have over 39,000 miles, not one problem. A friend came up to me today as we were near the car and said, "I thought you had a minivan"? I said, "It is a minivan". He said, "It looks like an SUV". The car does look more like an SUV inside, and out, but has all the conveniences of a minivan. I am 79, my wife 75, and we LOVE our minivan. It handles well, has incredible room, has three uncrowded rows of seats (vs most SUV's), has rear entertainment for the grand kids, has a very tight turning circle, has great manual shifting for the mountains, etc. I could go on and on. Oh yeah, and the price was better than the competitors.

Nice!!!
By James Beach

2016 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Owned less than one month. Very happy with the car. I get 17.1 MPG city and 25 MPG in the mountains, very little highway miles at this point.

Update: Six plus months now; with two great vacations. Very happy with the Kia Sedona. 28-30 HWY MPG. The middle seats kneel forward allowing for the folding raised platform I have that supports a full-size tri-fold mattress with storage underneath, push button side-doors, wonderful for camping and cargo. I am very pleased with the high quality of the Kia Sedona.

Update: One plus years now; Very pleased with the Kia Sedona LX. The Sedona handles very well at highway speeds. On a recent camping trip I averaged 22.9 MPG. Safety, quality, passenger and cargo capacity are all wonderful. The Kia Corporation and the local Dennis Dillon Dealership have also proved to be wonderful to me.

Great minivan
By Viktor

2016 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Have the Sedona for about a year. No issues whatsoever. I only drive or on weekends, my wife drives it everyday and we both love it. You can get a great deal on Sedona because it doesn't sell as well as Honda or Toyota. Make sure to negotiate the price. Besides the best value for what you get it Sedona doesn't feel like you are driving a minivan, the interior and height makes it more like a SUV. The EX gives you great options. I only wished it had front sensors also to help with parking. The only other thing I would have liked is the fuel efficiency. The big engine uses a lot of gas. I get about 18mpg on average but I do like the power of the engine. If you have little kids minivan with power sliding doors is the best option. You won't be disappointed.

Do not recommend to anyone!
By Jmartinez

2016 Kia Sedona SX Limited 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

As for the sales reps everyone was welcoming but as for the KIA name in general the vehicles suck! My husband bought a 2016 KIA Sedona not even a year old yet and it seems like I've gone to get it services every month. First off the vehicle was full of little ants from being under a tree at the dealer and nothing was done about it then about a week after we purchased it we got some heavy rain and the water was leaking into the back tailgate, I took it in for service twice before they could figure out what was wrong with it. So now my van smells humid :-( on top of that they put a scratch on the tailgate and wanted me to take it back a third time to buff it out and eliminate the odor inside, I was already there for over 3 hours and I understand they are busy but my issue should of been a priority especially with me living 2 1/2 hours away so nothing was ever done about that. Well to continue after about a month my husband noticed that the navigation screen was pushed in from one side and popping out from the other side so I took it in for service and they said some screws were loose. Then one day my kids wanted to watch a movie on the DVD player and when they tried lifting the screen it was jammed again I took it in for service and they said some screws were loose that didn't allow it to open back up. I recently just took it in again because the traction light was coming on and the brakes would make a cracking sound and jam up, I was told the hubs needed to be replaced so they ordered parts and I have to go in once more to get them put on. I'm sorry but their service sucks and I will never buy a KIA again or recommend it to anyone. They need to better prioritize their customer service and I believe I deserved a full tank of gas and complimentary detailing for missing work and driving 2 1/2 hours to and from the dealer numerous times for non sense issue that a brand new vehicle shouldn't be having!
To add to my issues with Kia the lights on the interior of the van don't work either, omg idk what's next or if it's even safe to drive this Sedona anymore.