Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

The most reliable vehicle I've owned
By David R.

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned over 20 vehicles of all different makes and types in the 22 years I've been driving and this van is by far the most reliable. We bought it almost three years ago with 162,000 miles and it now has 210,000 miles. We take it on road trips, we haul 4 kids and all their stuff and friends and it has NEVER let us down. The only repairs we've done are general maintenance of oil changes and transmission fluid changes. We had to replace the serpentine belt and the brakes but I consider that routine maintenance. Even at the age and mileage it has everything works and it still looks good. I would recommend Kia and specifically the Sedona to ANYONE. We looked at the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna and they were ok but far more expensive and both of them of similar age use a timing belt which is a costly repair whereas the Sedona uses a timing chain which doesn't need to be replaced. If you need a roomy, comfortable, decent looking, and VERY reliable vehicle get this one!

BEST BUY I EVER MADE I LOVE MY KIA
By Helen Charles

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase 2006 Kia Sedona LX in Valdosta, Georgia in Feb of 2007 I named her Charlene after the salesperson, I have had her for 10 years and she is still going strong in that 10 years the only major repair I had was a new tie rod & an axle which was warrantied. Its a great vehicle and I have had no issues I still drive it every day and I hope to get another 10 years in , I would love to buy a new one but I cannot afford it but I am happy with my Charlene I would recommend buying a KiA Sedona to anyone who is thinking about it.

Review from Someone who Bought VERY USED
By DDM

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van two months ago, due to needing a vehicle after having my previous one trashed by a drunk driver..... I bought my Sedona at 123k miles, and it is 11 years old at this point (2006 model, it is 2017). So far so good. I have not had any problems with it so far and love all the space I have now compared to the mid-sized sedan I was driving previously. I especially love how the 3rd row seats actually fold down into the floor, giving you flat space back there. I was amazed at all the storage space. I also really love the little pop-down back seat viewing mirror, so I can see if my two kids are fighting/sleeping/whatever. The automatic head lights and tinted rear-view mirror are very helpful too. This is just a downright cool van compared to my previous car. The downside: I don't like are the wind noise when going high speeds - I have to turn the radio way up to hear it. It also has a harder time accelerating and the engine makes weird noises, guessing they are normal because I've had two mechanics check the engine out. Also the side doors don't always stay open and lock in place, making it hard sometimes to get in/out.

NOT A BANG FOR YOUR BUCK !!!
By devin lane

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

to whom it may concern this van is not worth the buy it will cost you more to fix than to buy a new car , this van has its own little list of problems after so long the van starts to act up my first of problems was the transmission it will run up to 3rd gear then the whole vehicle will jump sending the passengers in a very vigerious forward motion, then the vehicles electrical components act up the side doors wont open the radio turns on and off lights don't work and so on this van is a very bad choice for any car owner

Tammy's review