Skip to main content

3.3 out of 5 stars
33 reviews
1...

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2022 Wrangler 4xe, so we've included reviews for other years of the Wrangler 4xe since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

The 4xe Rubicon is amazing

Jeepers, 04/21/2022
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric plug-in hybrid 8A)

I purchased a Wrangler Rubicon 4xe in November 2021. I currently have 4500 miles on it and it has been nothing but fun! I live in a cold area and never went into the Fuel Oil Refresh mode all winter. If you take the time to learn to drive the 4xe it will save you money on gas as well. In town I get around 26 miles of full electric range and when in esave mode on the highway I get around 22mpg. Since I am not always driving on the highway and don't have a commute I am averaging around 650 - 675 miles per tank with nightly charging. I say that isn't bad. I bought it for the torque and hp. Jeep Wranglers are not meant to be fuel efficient but the hybrid definitely helps some if you learn the tips and tricks. Don't expect it to be a full EV or even what you may think a hybrid is and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. If you do end up buying one take the time to learn the tips and tricks on how to get the most efficiency out of the power train. Off road it is hands down the best Jeep or for that matter vehicle I have ever been off road with. That includes the stalwart Tacoma and 4Runner.

Favorite Vehicle Ever Owned

Patrick, 12/12/2022
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Unlimited High Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric plug-in hybrid 8A)

I really like my 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Unlimited Sahara High Altitude. I agree with the concerns about fuel economy but if you live near work (like I do) you can charge this vehicle overnight with a regular outlet (120 volt) and travel to work and back on 100% electric power. Long trips quickly deplete the batteries after about 20 miles. Overall I have averaged 27 MPG during my 12000 miles of ownership. Not bad. Make sure that the shop resets the oil monitor after an oil change. If the Jeep thinks the oil is old it goes into oil recirculation mode and won't switch to electric mode. Found a guide on the internet for how to reset it if the shop forgets. The leather seats on the high altitude are comfortable, and the suspension is softer than on a Rubicon, which is a good thing in my view. The steering is truck-like and requires constant input from the driver. The interior noise is not too bad except at highway speed, which is normal for Wranglers. The electric motor is smooth and quiet. I am not a big fan of the 2.0 turbo gas engine but that is the only choice for the 4xe. It spools up and buzzes, it is loud at drive throughs, so hopefully your electric motor will be charged. The looks of the exterior are amazing. A couple people observed that it looks like a G Wagon especially in silver with the color matched roof, body, fenders and bumpers. I would not take this Jeep off-road for fear of scratching up my beautiful ride. It is more of a city Jeep. It handles snow well. Overall I am a big fan of this vehicle.

Love It

Jay, 04/28/2022
updated 09/08/2022
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric plug-in hybrid 8A)

I’ve had mostly BMWs and Audis over the years and cycled through a few TJs and a YJ as a weekend car. I’ve been driving my 4Xe as a daily for 6 weeks now and love it. It’s quiet, comfortable and generally fun to drive. Not a rocket but definitely quick enough to merge. It is loud on the highway and something to consider if you travel long distances. For me and my short commute, it’s perfect. I got 900 miles on my first tank of gas and average 32 MPG in hybrid. With everything going on in the world, it just makes me smile. Is it for everyone? No. Update, 7 months and 3,600 trouble free miles. I also took it offroading and loved the regen braking, quiet ride and torque. Sorry to those having trouble with theirs but still loving mine!

2 out of 5 stars

Beware

Brieshep, 04/05/2022
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric plug-in hybrid 8A)

Really great vehicle when it’s working. We bought this vehicle brand new and it still only has 6,000 miles on it. This vehicle has turned off on us while driving, luckily we were on a residential street, turned the vehicle off and on and the computer wouldn’t recognize it was trying to be started. Vehicle could not be put in neutral. Disconnected the battery and let it sit a minute, it started back up and seems like it’s okay at the moment. on another occasional the dash lighting would turn off while driving unable to see mpg . All interior lighting would flicker in and out. In both instances it has only happened one time and that was it. But a little fearful of if and when It may happen again. Other then that it has run fine. It seems the electrical has faults.

2022 4xe Dangerous

MTV, 04/24/2023

I purchased a 2022 4xe July 2022 for my daughter and 8 months later the car died. Dealer replaced radio and battery and stated it was a glitch in the radio. Two days after I got the Jeep back it died again. Dealer again replaced radio and battery stating there was a short in the radio. Three weeks later the car died while driving on the road. Completely shut down! Thank goodness she was able to move to the shoulder. Towed to dealer again. Initiated Lemon law case. This is now a safety issue and dangerous on the road. Three times within a 5 week period at the dealer for repair. First time buying a Jeep and the last!! If I could rate it a "zero" I would.

1...