Used 2006 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

A lot of Jag for the money
By Jim

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Owners always say "I could drive this car forever". Few other 12 year old cars elicit as many compliments and admiring looks. And, of course, it's a Jag.

Best Used Luxury Convertible for the Money
By Dale

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had a few sports cars, and bought a used XK8 with 55K miles just for fun weekend drives. This particular engine (4.2 L V-8 in the 2003 and later XK8s) has turned out to be a reliable and strong and if buying used, you get a lot of bang for the buck. Mine averages over 27 mpg on trips. Cruising at 70 feels like 50, and it's hard not to go faster. The aerodynamics allow a conversation in the cabin at freeway speeds. When the top is up, the inner liner keeps road noise down, and it feels like a coupe. The stereo even sounds great. I don't drive fast, so I can't really comment on handling. I've had quite a few different fun cars, but for the money this is the best driving experience and quality I've found, and I will probably keep this car around for a long time. This car's a real beauty!
UPDATE: A friend of mine who owns a Fuel Distribution company suggested I try Premium-ethanol-free gas. The results were amazing. I drove to Seattle and Back (400 miles) MPG was 29.1. This is on a 300 horse V8 from 2006. Have driven this vehicle about 4,000 miles over the past year and it's great fun!

Superb Car
By Fred

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Recently traded my XJR for an XKR. This car is so much superior and draws far more attention. The styling is timeless and the performance excellent for a touring car of this type. Not as much raw fun as my old TVR but still the best car I've ever owned.

Body style, engine, stopping ability. I use the car most days and I still get excited every time I drive it.

Upgraded Recaro seats not the most comfortable on long journeys.

Jaguar XKR
By blairm

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

AS my third XK I was delighted to see this car the new "carbon" interior is a pleasant change from the traditional wood. My only regret is that the capability of the vehicle with its massive supercharger is reduced by the silly electronic limiters.

The overall style and driving comfort - a great tourer

bring the electronics in the interior upto date - no GPS and a tape unit also some of the buttons such as mirror control are a bit "cheap"

So Far, So Great!
By Robert Mattingly

2006 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I purchased the XKR for three reasons: the engine, styling; and, because I think its a better looking car then the soon-to-be-introduced XK. Plus, the price is about as right as its going to get as dealers clear them out. The XKR is not really a "sports car" but rather a "sporty" car. It doesn't handle in the same league with my old Porsche 911 but it rides much better-perhaps the best riding car I've ever owned. I deleted the expensive 20 inch chrome plated wheel/tire combo, and replaced with the standard 18 inch tires and wheels,saved $5000 and got a better ride. The interior is beautiful if not particularly roomy. Overall, a great package of power, luxury and character.

A herd or horses inside a lovely body. The XKR styling cues set the car apart from the XK-8 and the "R" also comes with all the bells and whistles standard. The ride is superior.

The roof line is an inch or two low and the central arm rest a tad too high. The gauges are inset too deeply and cannot be easily read in bright sunlight; also a car like this should have a better suite of engine monitoring gauges (those removed when the navigation system was placed in the dash).