2017 Jaguar XE Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jaguar XE Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XE model:

It has the ride you would expect from Jaguar, but
By steven

2017 Jaguar XE 25t Prestige 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

First off I will tell you I love my Jag. The ride is the combination of sport and luxury. You hit the gas and the tubo 4 banger takes off. The design is classy and sporty. Comfortable in the cockpit, Not really sure about back seat as we have no children. The interior is laid out for easy access for the driver. I have the basic model so I expected to have some compromise, that being said, I think they cheeped out on some basics. No sat radio that is a standard on even your basic Masda. I don't like the Americanizing of the lights, the do not go off when you turn the car off like all European cars. There is no garage opener built in. No mute button. The radio could be better quality. I think they are over compensation for the mistakes they made with the xt. They put a lot of luxury things in the xt and sold it at a loss hoping folks would then trade up , but instar continued with the xt. So this time they left out stuff so you would trade up for more luxury. Don't get me wrong this is a super car and I love it, but the lack of some basics my turn some people away.

lightly used 2017 Jaguar XE 25T Prestige
By Adam Taylor

2017 Jaguar XE 25t Prestige 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Pre-owned. only had it 4 weeks, but enjoying it so far. handling is superb with 19" wheel upgrade. Peppy acceleration, braking is aggressive. Excellent support from Jaguar thus far. 5 yr/ 60000 mile warranty and maintenance program is fully transferable on all their vehicles, pretty hard to beat! We love this car!

Best Thing From Jaguar Since the F-Type
By Frank

2017 Jaguar XE 35t Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

My transition from BMW to Jaguar has been nothing short of a wonderful experience. Save the higher-rated and, in many ways, more accommodating service of BMW, everything about the XE has given me a newfound appreciation for Jaguar. The now iconic F-Type put Jaguar back on the map from years of dullness and now the XE (and especially its sportier variants) are breathing life back into the Jaguar brand. From the sleek and elegant yet sporty design of the XE, there is very little that I don't love about it so far having put about 5k miles on my white knight 2017 35t. The acceleration and performance is gripping and the handling is on par and, at least in some aspects, even better than German engineering. Being on top of the game for some many years, it's impossible not to notice a scale back on quality of some German car brands albeit with simultaneous increases. However, with this price point and a few tweaks on design and technology, I believe Jaguar can make the XE, the most formidable opponent of the 3 series/4 series and A4/S4 and C-Class models that's been seen in many years. Please keep it up, folks at Jaguar!

I love driving this car, but...
By Dennis B.

2017 Jaguar XE 35t R-Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

After many years of BMWs and Mercedes, I wanted a change so I went for this Jaguar XE. A couple of test drives convinced me and I've been thoroughly enjoying it since this past January 2017. I'm leasing the R-Sport, Caesium Blue, black/blue interior, black wheels and detailing. The car is gorgeous! I constantly get compliments and thumbs-up from approaching drivers. I love the exclusivity of the brand as I see all the BMWs and MB on the road around me. I'm 66 and in excellent shape, but the entrance/egress can still be a bit uncomfortable, but once I'm in the car, I don't want to leave. The seating positions are extremely comfortable, fabulous suspension, grabs the road and doesn't let go, and has exceptionally responsive acceleration. Fair gas mileage for a V6 that drives like this, up to around 22.5mpg. BUT... the interior lacks design and aesthetic "importance," as well as quality materials. One example; the shift levels, mounted on the steering wheel, are thin short black plastic surfaces, as though an afterthought. The very narrow opening of the sliding sunroof was a huge disappointment for me. The biggest problem with this car is side visibility. It's great that the car has signals in the side-view mirrors when a car is approaching, but without it, you're dealing with a death wish. The design of the thick seats and headrests and the wide side pillars make it virtually impossible to peer over your shoulder on either side to see what's around you. Next, small things to me... very little space to store items; the rotary drive knob is too prominent, and eats up too much plastic space; a few electrical glitches that haven't caused any problems (yet). Overall, you wouldn't touch a comparably-equipped or performing BMW, Audi or MB for this price. I have no regrets, and I look forward to my next Jaguar when my lease expires. Hopefully, they'll figure out some of these redesigns.

From BMW to JAG
By BOB A

2017 Jaguar XE 35t R-Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This is my first Jaguar after eight leases of BMW's. I was ready to re-order another 435i when I test drove the Jaguar and watched the u-tube comparision of the two. I've had the car for 11 months now now and could not be more pleased. Drives fantastic--best handling car I have ever had--accelerates like a rocket---overall great car that I would highly recommend.