2017 Jaguar XE Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jaguar XE Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XE model:

Eh car
By Omar

2017 Jaguar XE 35t Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I drive this car less then 5 miles to college everyday. Despite it sitting in the parking lot for hours on end, I’ve kept good care of the car. (Oil change, Scheduled maintenance, cosmetics etc.) Just above 10,000 on the odometer and I’ve had a slew of problems. I opened up a case with the manufacturer and my car is scheduled to go back to the dealer this week. Other then the engine..this car is not worth it. They discontinued the 35t this year which is another valid reason I will be going back to A 3 series.

Some great, some questionable traits
By D.Rust

2017 Jaguar XE 35t Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Almost into to the second year on my leased 35t AWD Premium model. Mixed emotions but overall I still love the car. I Love the engine, handling/suspension, steering, transmission, basically everything involving the driving experience! Now I will say I would never buy this vehicle or any Jag used or without a FULL warranty! Within my first year of ownership it’s been into service several times. A part on my sunroof broke upon my first use of it. Within its first 1,000 miles they had to replace a part to fix the wind/bug deflector that pops up when you open the sunroof. Then the infotainment system went completely dead. For weeks I had issues with it and it seriously pissed me off because without the infotainment system working, you cannot listen to music, use your handsfree device, adjust climate settings, use heated seats, or use the backup camera... it was awful. It was so bad that even when it was “dead”, it drained my battery even when the car was locked and not in use. One morning my car almost did not start because it had drained the battery so far. .... Obviously I had my jaguar in the service department at least 2 times until they decided to just give me a loaner car until they could officially fix the issue. They told me that Jaguar was aware of the issue with the infotainment system but had not released a software update yet to fix it, and were being told it would be at least 1 month before a software update would be available. That floored me and I called corporate offices and sent an email to them expressing my extreme unhappiness with the situation. I was paying for a brand new expensive luxury vehicle under full warranty and I couldn’t use half of the options of the car! The best the dealership was offering for me was a loaner until the update became available. I was given a Jaguar case manager and they contacted the dealership service department and issued them an order to replace my entire infotainment system with a new one. I was skeptical because it’s the same system... My car was in the shop for a full week as they had to completely take the whole system out and replace it. So again, I would never buy a Jaguar used or without FULL warranty, as this would have cost me thousands of dollars. This all happened with less than 10,000 miles on the car. Luckily, after fixed and done with, I have had no issues at all. The car is still a dream to drive and I love driving it around town, and on twisty roads at high speeds. It is also fairly comfortable for long distance driving. Nice surprise, now I have 18,000 miles on the car and I have gotten 38mpg on the highway at reasonable speeds. It can QUICKLY go lower when driven hard but it is capable of 35+ mpg when driven right. This thing practically idles at 70 mph with the 8speed transmission and the engine power driving it. I wish they would stop putting continental tires on these cars, I really can’t stand them but so far they are doing OK. Obviously the back seat is far too small but coming from a 2 door Mercedes I didn’t think too much of it. The car is very difficult to get in and out of. I am tall and my seat position makes it difficult to get out of. Sound system is just OK.... definitely a big downgrade from my Harman Kardon Logic 7 which was disappointing to find out...also no SiriusXM.... but roll down the windows and just enjoy the 35t exhaust is the best! Sounds great! I think Jaguar is doing great things with their new designs, their warranty and lease programs, and the driving experience of their new vehicles. I drove an F-Pace 35t while my XE was in shop and I loved that car so much, I am considering rolling into the F-Pace when my lease is up. Jaguar also makes you feel valued as a customer with their “gifts” that they send to you in the mail. They sent me some valve stem caps in a nifty case that I got a kick out of receiving. They also send a subscription to their new magazine for owners. The Jaguar app for your phone is nice....only when it works. If you have issues with your phone or your data connection you can’t remote start your vehicle. Sometimes the app is glitchy for me. I would prefer a remote start button on my key fob- as phone is not always reliable and you have to wait for it to log in, send and download messages from the vehicle. I’ve had to delete and reinstall the app a couple different times because I couldn’t get the remote start feature to work. Anyway, I’m still overall happy with the vehicle. There are times when I regret trading my Mercedes on it, but there is no comparison when driving the vehicle. The driving experience is wonderful. The technology and sound system are subpar. It needs more storage up front. Resale value is pitiful! It’s more of a sports car than it is a luxury vehicle but that is what makes it compelling. I will have a hard time looking at any vehicle with less horsepower after owning this car, it’s a hard one to give up. Great engine in the 35t.

Shake Shake Shake
By GBS

2017 Jaguar XE 25t 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Am I the only person that got a Jag XE that shakes with the air on at a stop sign? Love the car to drive but hate to stop...I have had 2 motor mounts replaced by 14K and the shake continues. The dealer tells me it is just the design characteristic of the car but is really a design flaw. Not the quality I expected.

Good from far, but far from good
By Lewis

2017 Jaguar XE 20d Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

The car looks great from first impression, but after owning the car for over a year I'm over it. The whole car just seems cheap to me. The paint work seems to scratch so easy compared to other cars I've owned (I keep really good care of my cars). When washing the roof of the car, the roof panel behind the sunroof gives way / dents in. I don't know if it's justified, but if panels of the car are so weak, it gives me an impression that the car is not safe. Plus I haven't been able to find any safety ratings on this car, which doesn't help. The backseat is not designed for kids at all. The seat belts lock up continuously for no reason, which is a big issue when your kid (who is a highback booster) can't get their belt buckled. The seatbelt won't unlock unless it's fully retracted, which can't happen unless you remove the belt from the belt guide in the booster. Also the boosters overhang the seatbelt receptacle. Long story short don't get the car if you have kids. The leather or pleather on the center console arm rest has big air bubble where the glue is no longer holding the (p)leather to the under-surface. A speaker has blown in the front passenger side. It's just seems so cheaply made for a not cheap car!

Buy it for looks only??
By Tony McMillian Sr.

2017 Jaguar XE 25t Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased 11/2/2017. This vehicle is magical in looks, a great head turner, however a few weeks after purchasing I find myself looking and researching another vehicle, this car has terrible space in the front I’m about 5’7” and I can hardly fit the window at any drive up I often have to open the door, home link has not worked yet after several attempts with the person on the phone the sunroof and sunshade buttons have to be held to open and close it has been fixed once the drive stop while in traffic gas saver has stopped working again I have skinned my shin getting in the car a few times headed to dealership for repairs tomorrow the vehicle is not Jaguar quality I had to make a quick purchase should not have bought this car the speaker system is a joke really Jaguar shame on you, radio presets a joke they go to a different preset station when you start the car, steering wheel is manually operated. The dealership polished over many scratches and they where noticeable after first car wash now I’m stuck with a scratchy NEW car.

The trunk in extremely small and so were the minds who designed this for Jaguar, resale is horrible if you buy one talk them down it’s not luxury at all just looks good great mileage. So what do you think I should purchase next, Benz E Class or Audi A6, 3/15/18 ???😩