Used 2004 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Jaguar Xtype 2004
By K. johnson

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car as a pre-owned model. It was approximately 5-6 years old at the time. The aesthetics of the car is awesome. However, over the years ,I have found that although it is "technically" a jaguar, it is a cheaper model which has needed repair after repair. I rebuilt the transmission a few months ago. Also antifreeze was getting low and I was not seeing any puddle under the car, so I took it to a mechanic, after the transmission rebuild. The whole part with the hoses had to be replaced(seal was leaking). so I had to get this replaced. Now the engine light is on, so back to the shop. The engine is leaking oil, the drive belt needs to be replaced and on top of that I need to do normal maintenance (brakes, rotors, tires). This car is a nightmare. I know that it isn't new, but I take care of it, and only have 78,880 miles on it. I need a car and a new car right now is sort of out of the question. Over the years it seems like this car has required more than its fair share of repairs. If I could do it again, I would never have purchased this money trap. I believe this car was manufactured by Ford, so why are the parts so impossibly expensive? I can't wait to push this model off a cliff

Jaggy
By Ramjam Baklam

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

One of the best cars you can buy
By Derek Echanique

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd car I have owned in my 3 years of driving. I originally bought it because when I was a kid my dad had a Jag XJ8L and I loved it. This car has been outstanding for me. But I was given a offer that I couldn't refuse which made me put the Jag up for a little. I ended up driving a BMW 740iL (E38) Sport for about a year and a half. But coming back to the Jag was a great decision. I can't more pleased to return to a car. The only down side of that is the BMW had a V8 vs a V6 so I am use to a little bit more power, but I can get over that. This car is outstanding!

Pleasant Surprise!!!
By TW

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Proves the mistaken reaction to owning a Jaguar. Most of the adverse reviews come from individuals that have never owned one. Normal preventative maintenance provides pleasant ownership.

220,000 miles and still looks new
By dennis

2004 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had a ton of cars and this is right up there with Mercedes etc.
Still shines like new.
Yes, I have had to replace some things - sensors and cooling system but the car never died.
Repairs are not cheap but I'm still going on long trips without a worry.
AWD is a big plus.
I have so many miles on it the website won't let me plug it in !