Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Q50 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great driving beast

Scott, 12/19/2018
updated 07/08/2022
RED SPORT 400 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

So, I have had this car since 2018. It's a Red Sport so the horsepower and pick up are fantastic. Just at 70,000 miles on the car and no brake work, no engine, transmission, or mechanical problems of any kind. Just oil changes. Don't know why the reviews are not more kind to this car as it is wonderful. I just hope they keep making them!

Big upgrade over my old 2008 G35

Chris Dennis, 12/27/2018
3.0t SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Thrilled with most aspects. I’ll only list the negatives since there are so many positives and most are already published: Should have option to switch out the run flat tires. They get reduced tread lift and add some road noise. Dual infotainment is ok...would prefer more custom configuration Road noise is moderate above 70 mph but still much improved over my older 2008. No Apple car play. Dealer said their internal InTouch is better. I disagree. Otherwise love the look and feel of this car and totally enjoy driving it. I suddenly don’t mind running errands for the wife.

DeJa Vu all over again?

Waseeq, 07/19/2019
3.0t SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I lease my cars so I've had 3 Q50 sedans; 1st was the Q50 3.7L and now I'm in my 2nd Q50 3.0t Sedan. I really enjoyed the switch from the 3.7L to the 3.0t. I've never had a turbo engine so it was a pleasant surprise. The power and engine response on the 2016 model was very good. The safety features and technology was great. The 2019 model on the other hand wasnt as smooth of a transition. I currently have about 1200 miles on it (it might change and get better after the break in period) but I feel there is more turbo lag in this car compared to the 2016 model. It's not as responsive. I love the small changes to the exterior body but another thing that I dont like is the brightness of the blind spot warning light. There seems to be two stages for the light, one is when the BS detects a vehicle and lights up and the second is when it starts blinking when/if you put the turn signal on. The warning light is dimmer than the blinking light. In the older models it was all the same which I prefer. Last but not least, the front passenger seat still vibrates. In my 2016 model they couldnt figure out the issue to fix. I lived with it hoping the 2019 model wouldnt have the same issue but I was wrong. It's the small things that can ruin a nice car!

Red Sport 400

Ron Heyl, 01/25/2019
RED SPORT 400 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

This cars acceleration is awesome. I thought the stock exhaust was too quiet for a car with sporting intentions, so I bought the after market Inifini straight pipe axle back exhaust. It is loud but I enjoy the rumble. It’s a lot of fun to drive and I find myself flooring the accelerator as often as conditions permit!

2 out of 5 stars

Infiniti got cheap with the options

Max, 09/23/2019
updated 03/23/2020
3.0t LUXE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 3/19 (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Same great engine but Infiniti reprogrammed the transmission to shift into higher gears at slower speeds. The results are being in 5th gear at 30 MPH. I am sure this was in an attempt to maximize fuel economy but the result is lugging this great power plant to a pedestrian level. Tranny is also harsh on downshifts from 5th to 4th and 4th to 3rd. Options that were on my 2016 not offered in similar packages in 2019. No power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, no more Bose audio, no more memory driver's seat. Better back up camera in 2019 than 2016. More detailed Nav screen. Same two screen set up. Still fun on the open road but in town driving can be maddening with the reprogrammed transmission.

3 out of 5 stars