Used 2009 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 345 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Great value
By Greg

2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Easy to maintain. Dependable. Does have its troubles as any vehicle is expected to have. Over 135,000 and going strong. Body holding up well. Fuel mileage still over 30 mpg.

Great car, getting old.
By Don

2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Lots of room, comfortable car, lots of power for the hills.

The best buy you can make
By Moe

2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased my Hyundai Sonata V6 about three years ago. I got it with 46K miles on and today it has about 178k miles on it. I have never had an issue with this car. My only issue was that my starter died out of nowhere and it was a pain getting it fixed but other than a new starter, lots and lots of oil changes, tires, and fluid changes. I have never had an issue with this car. It is still a very quiet ride. I feel like this was a deal of the century. Anyways, my next car, I plan to purchase a Hyundai sonata again.

"Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'"
By Susan

2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Don't be scared to put miles on this car. I bought my car used in December 2010 with 14,000 miles on it. During a heavy rain 5 years ago my car died in a flooded low point of an intersection in the city. I would wait a couple minutes, start it, it'd jump a few feet & die. I did this until I got out of the water. I had water to my knee caps! I bailed water with an insulated shopping bag to lower the water and managed to drive home an hour. Vacuumed water, even drove it the next day 2 hours away, but on way home had some problems - more electrical than anything else. Took it to Hyundai - after a few days got an estimate of $14,000 to replace the computer. Took it to local auto shop who did all the repairs needed for $9,000. I now have 142,210 miles on this baby and still get 38 mpg on long trips. It's still comfortable and a pleasure to drive. I've never had problems other than from the flooding. I'm shopping for another used car and am most certain I will buy another Hyundai Sonata!

Sonata
By Scott thomas

2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The sonata was a dependable roomy car that served me very well