Skip to main content

28 reviews

Pricing

Edmunds suggests you pay
$33,864
Federal EV Tax Credit: not eligible The SE Standard Range trim does not qualify for the Clean Vehicle Credit.
1 for sale near you
1...

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2024 IONIQ 5, so we've included reviews for other years of the IONIQ 5 since its last redesign.
1 out of 5 stars

Level 2 Charging at 2.9 kw/h?

GoldenBear, 08/15/2023
2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5 SEL 4dr SUV AWD (electric DD)

I like most things about this car -- it's comfortable and easier to use than a Tesla. Unfortunately, it has a fatal flaw that Hyundai refuses to fix. That is, the charge port is prone to over-heating. This happens every time I try to charge the car on our home Level 2 charger. So, the car throttles back the charge rate to between 2-2.9 kw/h when in fact it should charge at 11 kw/h on a level 2 charger. What does this mean in real life? If I deplete the battery to 10% and charge the car overnight, I will only have about a 35% charge. This renders the car mostly useless for any longer trips because I know the next day it won't have sufficient charge. The dealer did not explain this problem -- I highly advise waiting to buy any Ioniq 5 or 6 until Hyundai has a working hardware fix.

2 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

New ioniq 5 awd limited lucid blue

Sid, 11/23/2022
2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (electric DD)

Exterior- looks very good. Love headlights taillights design. Lacks rear view wiper as mentioned by many. Doors need to be shut close harder than my previous Audi which had three hinge levels and it would pretty much close on its own after you move door a little bit. This car doesn’t do that. Interior- love simple design, big screens arm rest console that moves back and forth, seats are the best, Bose stereo system is pretty good. Like panaramic sunroof. Remote app- this doesn’t work for me. Not able to remote start or do anything remotely using app. Apparently I have a ticket and blue link is working on it. Range- winter range on freeway speed is around 225 miles full charge. It could be as low as 200 I’m guessing. So far I have averaged 3 mi/kwh for my last 1000 miles which is pretty good for pnw winter that started early this year. Hoping to have over 250 mile range for winter. Main cons- remote app not working. Not a major con but you expect it to work after paying msrp of 58330 for this premium trim.

5 out of 5 stars

Nice ride - very fun to drive

NorCal Neal, 12/24/2022
2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5 SEL 4dr SUV AWD (electric DD)

Just got the 2023 SEL AWD and, boy, is it a nice ride. I like using the 1-pedal mode around town or on curvy roads. On the freeway I set it for a more easy cruise. It can be set so it drives like any other car, so you use the brakes as if was a normal ICE car. This is the way both my wife and I like to use it on the freeway. The charging is quick and free for the first 3 years if we use the right charging stations. Overall we are very impressed with the car.

Ionic 5

Visa ram, 12/09/2023
2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5 SE 4dr SUV (electric DD)

We got ionic 5 with great hope, but the battery started giving problems in winter, we are so fed up with the north Brunswick dealer for the the battery fix up. They are not helping us with it.

Meets expectations and more

Dave in VA, 02/16/2023
2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5 SEL 4dr SUV (electric DD)

Took delivery on 4WD SEL last week.Had high expectations based on reading reviews for 18 months. Interior is deceptively large and very comfortable. Car got 265 mile range on first charge. Pretty close to 268 claim given that most miles were hwy commuting and it's still winter. Lacks of rear wiper was a concern. My worries have gone down based on a week of rainy drives. I've driven hatchbacks for 30 years. The Ioniq 5 by far and away does the best job of redirecting airflow to keep the rear window clean at speed. I still wish it had a wiper because in spring pollen is going to cover it when parked and I'll have to clean it manually. Otherwise, the car has no drawbacks that I've detected in 1 week of ownership. I grow more attached to it each day.

1...