Used 2016 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:

My S
By Jim

2016 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Best value for the $ of any car I have ever owned

Sold the S500 4matic - bought this
By Uncle Fabe

2016 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

OK, first there IS a difference in materials between the higher end Mercedes and the Equus, which is to be expected when the car has a sticker price of about 1/2. But for the money, you simply CAN'T MISS! Gas mileage is not great, and if you are buying a big sedan then that likely isn't a concern for you. Power is adequate in comfort mode and very nice in sport mode. The thing about the Ultimate trim is the features are amazing. Raise and lower the whole body (good for parking next to high curbs, or going through deep water). The snow mode is something else! I had an AWD Merc and it slipped and slid in our winter weather. This thing climbs snow covered roads in snow mode with factory all weather tires...it was really bizarre but in a good way. Since the marquis is something most people will turn their nose up at you can basically STEAL these things for several grand under sticker. By several I mean 15-20K under. Mine was bought new from a dealer in the midwest for just under 50K, with a sticker right at 70K. I did have it shipped in so that cost me almost $900. Extended warranty (wrap) was quite cheap. Service is included in the price and the dealer drives out to pick it up and leaves me a loaner. We had a 2011 Genesis 3.8 so I was familiar with the brand. Now I recommend it (Hyundai) to everybody. These Equus' are the poster child for smart buying. Will it depreciate? Sure, but I'm buying transportation not an investment. It's a machine, it will wear out and I will have certainly gotten my money out of it many times over. My S500 fell 90% in value over 9 years, and it was a flagship, I expect similar depreciation of all luxury brands. It's too bad they rebranded as "Genesis" because now people will buy these and pay closer to what they are worth. Which means grab one of these if you can. They are amazing cars for the money!

Great Car!
By MM

2016 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Lots of standard features, good warranty and drives very well especially on the highway.

Hyundai EQUUS Signature
By Rev Sam

2016 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased the Signature new in 2015, in comparison no other sedan could match the emenities for the cost or ride. In 2015 we drove to San Diego, Ca., the ride was silky smooth and very fuel cost efficiency. Unfortunately I was headed to TN, on April 7, 17 @ 5:45 am and three deers crossed the expressway and I hit the 3rd deer. I got word that the car is totaled and it literally hurt. My family and I were safe, not a scratch. I want all Equus owners or potential buyers too know the car's safety features are awesome. I'm in the market to purchase another vehicle; guess what it will be ...an Equus! This time the Equus Ultimate trim. Rev. Sam

Out with the 11 and in with the 16
By Paul

2016 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

With no intention to upgrade my 2011 Equus, I was visiting Pugi Hyundai as my wife was getting service on her Pugi Mazda. I walked over to the Hyundai store and saw a 2016 Equus on the showroom floor. The pricing was awesome with Hyundai rebates and I learned the Equus was going away and was being replaced with the G-90. Without a blick, I drove it home 9-26-2016...on my 29th wedding anniversary. It was my last chance to buy the greatest value luxury car I have ever owned . Note I have had 80 cars since 16 and now 52. BMW, MBZ, Cadillac, Buick, Ford, Pontiac, etc. and I have never purchased the same model twice. The Equus is an amazing vehicle and I was so happy to get the last of the best. Free advice; don't look at the badge or brand. Drive it, look at the beauty, look at the value and put the $50-$70k savings into diamonds for your wife or partner. Last point...don't wait to buy one......period.