Used 2016 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:

Head twister with the hood swan
By Don Sparks

2016 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This machine is “the” conversation piece. Two tone matt grey Bentley paint job.

Bought a one owner 2013 with 60K miles for $18,500
By Pure Texan

2016 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Great car. Researched this car for 9 months. Best value for a used car and a V8 sedan is hard to find this nice for the money.

My S
By Jim

2016 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Best value for the $ of any car I have ever owned

Sold the S500 4matic - bought this
By Uncle Fabe

2016 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

OK, first there IS a difference in materials between the higher end Mercedes and the Equus, which is to be expected when the car has a sticker price of about 1/2. But for the money, you simply CAN'T MISS! Gas mileage is not great, and if you are buying a big sedan then that likely isn't a concern for you. Power is adequate in comfort mode and very nice in sport mode. The thing about the Ultimate trim is the features are amazing. Raise and lower the whole body (good for parking next to high curbs, or going through deep water). The snow mode is something else! I had an AWD Merc and it slipped and slid in our winter weather. This thing climbs snow covered roads in snow mode with factory all weather tires...it was really bizarre but in a good way. Since the marquis is something most people will turn their nose up at you can basically STEAL these things for several grand under sticker. By several I mean 15-20K under. Mine was bought new from a dealer in the midwest for just under 50K, with a sticker right at 70K. I did have it shipped in so that cost me almost $900. Extended warranty (wrap) was quite cheap. Service is included in the price and the dealer drives out to pick it up and leaves me a loaner. We had a 2011 Genesis 3.8 so I was familiar with the brand. Now I recommend it (Hyundai) to everybody. These Equus' are the poster child for smart buying. Will it depreciate? Sure, but I'm buying transportation not an investment. It's a machine, it will wear out and I will have certainly gotten my money out of it many times over. My S500 fell 90% in value over 9 years, and it was a flagship, I expect similar depreciation of all luxury brands. It's too bad they rebranded as "Genesis" because now people will buy these and pay closer to what they are worth. Which means grab one of these if you can. They are amazing cars for the money!

Great Car!
By MM

2016 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Lots of standard features, good warranty and drives very well especially on the highway.