Used 2005 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (121 reviews )

a little engine that can produce 240hp
By EASTCOASTWARRIOR

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

a fun a to drive for a sub-33 grands, no other roadster in this class can beat the s2000 for value, reliability, performance and styling. Interior is a little cramping for a full grown adult, but if one can get acustom to it will find the car is rewarding to drive around tight corners and on open roads. The engine is noisy but not punishing, it sounds like a formula 1 sport car with full potential to beat most 4 and 6 non-turbo cylinders cars. The 6 speed manual trans. is flawless, it is very rare on a sub 33 grands. Inaddition, it handle the road very well with top up or down. Very well balance car. It can be a huge improvement with a little more investment on aftermarket tuning accessories.

vtec engine, flawless 6sp manual exterior styling and interior features such as sport seats and center console

analog speedometer over digital which can be trouble some down the road when the car gets pass 5yrs. But digital fits the s2000 high tech image and high rev limit. The 04-06 rear bumper needs meshscreen ventilator to filter out un wanted air trapped at rear bumper which can decreases performance.

S2000 owners must smile a lot...
By Jay Mallison

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

What an incredible car. So much fun to drive and so easy on the eyes. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I have had no reliability issues with it. Fit and finish is top notch. Love every moment. The HID Headlights on this car are brighter and sharper than those coming on vehicles twice its price.

convertible, vtec, handling, RWD, HID Headlights, cockpit style interior, shifter feel.

Just plain fun to drive
By rob o

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The only down side so far has been that I can only share the driving experience with only one person at a time.

nothing like a convertible

power seat to get me out of the car, once in your part of this car.

All thehype was soooooo truee!!!!!!!!
By RON

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car is amazing! I am and have been a Mercedes owner for the past 5 years and I wanted to get a fun car that was at a reasonable price not Mb style. Well my GF pointed this car out and I knew all the awards this car has won, but never really considered it. Well we did not even test drive the car and we leased it. I practically had to re-learn how to drive manual and taught my GF. SHE/I love it! We fight for it all the time. Especially in the summer time. Winter-time is a different story>>> will need winter tires or second car definietly. But man the looks, the people trying to race you! I feel like a celebrity! LOL! 2cars almost had accidents tryin 2look at it!. Itslikeahotchick!!

The exterior style/interior style, short throw shifter, high revving engine, convertible, affordability, reliability so far so good 7 months into it. The compliments/looks. The handling. Oh almost forgot xenon lights I wonder if this is what a Lotus feels like lol! practicality of a daily driver

Why oh why is this the worst radio in history of the automobile. What the heck is Honda thinking? Even headrest speakers aren't good. Don't waste your money on that option. MORE TORQUE Please should least have 200 ft/lb POWER SEATS? WHERE IS THE GAS BUTTON? $100 if u find it on 1st try!

Simply Outstanding
By George Liapis

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned many automobiles in my life time, but none like my S2000. The novelty still has not worn off. Everytime I get behind the wheel I feel like it's the first time I'm driving it. The comfort is great and the response to acceleration is dramatic. My gas mileage is 25MPG, which is incredible for a vehicle like this. This is truley a "keeper", and if your in the market for an outstanding roadster you will not be dissapointed. I can't see spending the money for a Porsche, when you can get the same or better thrill with the S2000. Keep it up Honda, you'll always be a winner in my book, as you have for the last 12 years of owning your products!

Radio, CD, temp controls are all at your fingertips. Also the lines of the vehicle.

It's very difficult to get into the glove compartment between the seats. I would like to see an improvement there.