2021 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

$22,930

Save as much as $451
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Great driver

Chris, 01/07/2021
EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the car, great drive and looks great. Getting better than projected MPG. Needs to improve three areas, 1- needs a spare tire, 2- road noise is more than I like even with the standard Michelin green tires, 3- passenger seat has no way to elevate or lower seat.

5 out of 5 stars

Feels like a luxury car!

New Insight, 12/07/2020
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first hybrid. Love the fact it looks and feels like a luxury car at regular car price. Better mileage than advertised. Averaging 50 mpg in mixed driving with Touring trim level. Love the leather, heated seats. Still learning all the safety tech.(has everything, even stuff I didn't know I'd end up liking :) Drives smooth and handles really well on back roads. Fun in turns and quiet. Plenty of go when you need it and still efficient. Like the fact they are unique and not 10 of them everywhere I go.

Great car

TheSparky, 06/24/2021
EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a 2021 Honda Insight EX to use as a delivery vehicle for work. I negotiated below MSRP and ended up agreeing to $22,000 for the purchase (in Southern California.) This is my first hybrid and it took about two weeks to learn how to drive this car for fuel economy. My old lead-foot ways are a thing of the past now! I was averaging maybe 42 mpg at first because of my tendency to smash the accelerator but now I get 52 mpg+. I drive this car 8 hours a day, 5 days a week so comfort is important. To that end, the driver’s seat in the EX package is not as comfortable as the one in the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta it replaced. In hindsight, it might have been worth it to pay extra for the Touring trim’s leather seats. The overall feel of sitting in this car is very modern. The 8” LED infotainment system is useful and practical, the modeling of the door molding and center console have this wrap around effect that makes me feel a) protected and b) like I’m in a spaceship. The 8 speaker package in the EX trim is your basic car audio: sounds good, not great. It sounds like the gas motor is engineered for lower RPM and when it kicks on it makes a low, grinding hum that sounds out of place. This is due to the fact most of your time spent behind the wheel is whisper quiet, with the pedestrian warning whir omitting a space-aged sound like the car is a UFO. The car handles very well, making corners, changing lanes, parallel parking and the like a breeze and kind of fun; it sort of handles like a sports car. The car has a good amount of acceleration when you need it so you’ll never worry about making a pass in time. The brakes are top notch and the brake assistant is handy, slowing you down automatically if it senses a possible front-end collision. The trunk space is probably a little more than my Jetta, I never measured this but it just seems I can fit more in there. There is no spare tire included with this car. WTF? I’m not sure how they thought that shouldn’t be a standard safety feature? I love the way my car looks. I got it in silver and it’s just so damn pretty. The more I see Insights in other colors the more I like my silver Insight. Worth a look, though if seat comfort is a must consider the more expensive Touring package or maybe look at another hybrid. That being said, overall it’s a great car and I’m very pleased with this purchase 8 months later.

Ad
Build Your Insight
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 2 Trims
  • $25,210starting MSRP

A Hybrid With Style & Features

Bluirv, 01/10/2021
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning several Prius models, I decided to change to a Honda Insight. This hybrid, especially in the top-of-the-line Touring model, is loaded with many features including a moonroof, GPS, many safety features, leather seats and more. Yes, these can be found on Honda's competition but at a higher price. The Insight looks like a typical sedan, so if exterior design is a concern look no further. My only negative is that the fuel economy is slightly less than the competition. This is probably due to the extra features loaded onto this vehicle. If you're looking for a hybrid loaded with extras, seriously consider the Honda Insight.

Overall, satisfied