Used 2019 Honda Clarity Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Clarity for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Earth friendly Clarity

cshav10, 02/18/2020
Touring Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car - Honda quality gas engine with an electric vehicle (EV) mode to drive 100% electric up to 48 miles per charge. My last (7 gallon) tank of gas I got 148 miles per gallon. I buy renewable energy at 5.5 cents/kwh - which converts to about $1.84/gallon in an mpg calculation. Sweet deal in a real car, not a tiny clown car.

Don’t buy this piece of crap you will be sorry!

Nick, 04/06/2019
Touring Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you are the unlucky one to get the High revs and engine turning on constantly while on EV you will be screwed, Honda will deny everything and there will be nothing you can do. Also the cold temperatures will cause the engine to turn on even more and affect the range dramatically even if you live in places like California. I was a big Honda fan, I will never ever buy a Honda just because of the way they are treating us (the ones who have issues).

If I wanted a regular hybrid I'd have bought one

Rachel, 04/23/2019
Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car worked great for about 3 weeks. It ran almost completely on battery, my commute to work is only about 10 miles each way. And then the engine started switching over to gas when there were still at least 20 miles left on the battery. I'm not talking about when it's really cold out, or if I'm accelerating very fast. Regular driving, coasting, slowing down, it would just run on the gas engine, but only intermittently. Some trips to work happen completely on battery, sometimes on gas. I took it to the dealer, only for them to tell me that "it's supposed to do that". Apparently this PLUG IN HYBRID is supposed to switch between gas and battery like... like an Insight, or a Prius. If I wanted a regular hybrid, I would have bought one. If this car is supposed to switch automatically between gas and battery, why is it advertised as an electric car with a gas engine for when the battery runs out? It's like there's no point in me even plugging my car in, it switches between the battery and gas so much that the battery is hardly ever run down. My 20 mile round trip to work might only use 5 miles of battery, and the rest will happen on gas. My question for the dealer is - if it's supposed to happen, why did it not happen once for 3 and a half weeks, then once in February, then not again until April, where it's suddenly happened about 5 times in the last week? This was a horrible purchase. Now I'm stuck with a car that doesn't do what it's advertised, a dealer who is completely unhelpful and thinks I'm making things up, and thousands of dollars in debt for a car I don't want. I should have just stayed with my 12 year old CR-V - at least that one did what it was supposed to. I wish I could return this Clarity, but this will definitely be my last Honda.

Drive luxury, save gas, go green. Clarity has it.

Dan, 12/06/2019
Touring Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Imagine buying a luxury car for $17,000. The Clarity is the most enjoyable car I have ever brought, and I've bought many. Powerful, quite, smooth, great sound system, good handling, and so inexpensive. Paid $36K for Touring, got 7500 off fed and 2500 state rebate, and then I get 400+ MPG, so I save around $1,000 per year in gas not purchased versus electrons. After 100,000 miles I'll save at least $8K in fuel. Amazing car. Very smart technology, super reliable. I have 16,500 miles on the car have purchsed less than 40 gallons of gas. I just plug in.

great car !

Alabama Bill, 01/04/2020
Touring Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have 16K miles. No trouble and rarely use gas, but have gone 150 miles twice on gas and found the performance good. Only complaint is that I would like a smaller version.