Used 2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Glitchy Electrical System
By Aisling

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car 2 years ago Pre-owned with 32k miles on it. I haven’t even driven 20k miles since purchasing the car. I remember going way back to when I purchased the car, my check tire pressure light came on frequently (it still does) in a change of temperature or altitude (always happens on the same highway!! Weird!). Because I’m paranoid, I always check the tires when this comes on. They’re always fine. I recalibrate TPMS system myself and the light always goes away. However, strangest thing happened yesterday. I was in middle of 3 hour drive and I stopped at a rest stop to use bathroom. Came back out and started car and so many lights came on all at once, out of the blue (check brakes, ABS, VSA, Hill start, power steering, TPMS, and probably another one I’m forgetting). Of course, I freaked out (I have nightmares that this happens!). Highway assistance came and said the car looked fine, looked like computer problem. Drove it rest of way (1 hour) and it was fine. The next day we took to a mechanic and he said it was likely due to extremely low battery in car. He put new battery in. I’m surprised the battery was already low considering the fact I bought the car just over 2 years ago and haven’t even driven 20k miles on it. The car was used when we purchased and mechanic said the original battery was in the car- which means the car dealership didn’t even bother to put in a new battery when I bought it.. ugh! So anyway, the car should be fine now, fingers crossed. However, all these lights keep coming on. The mechanic wasn’t a Honda dealership and in order to get these lights to go away, I have to go to a Honda dealership to have computer system reset. This is important to me because since these systems come up as in need of being checked, the car will disable the system that is labeled as need of being checked (for example ABS will not work now until light it cleared away). Too scared to drive car on highway until it gets reset. I’m very frustrated with how sensitive this car is!

Great little car
By Joe

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Super gas mileage. 40-45 hwy. 30 city. Great ride and handling. CVT drones a little but shifts seamlessly.

I can't ask for more.
By Alex

2014 Honda Civic EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

4 years with this Civic and 146k miles on it. No issues at all never had check engine light same AC and cold like the first day I bought it. I commute 130 miles per day. I feel secure and confident with my car. I'm living in the desert and we have a lot open roads that we use to speeding sometimes I drove over 110 MPH and the performance and stability of this car is insane. I can't ask for more Honda Canada did a great job with this car.

2014 Honda LX COUPE - THE LITTLE MISSILE
By John Petrone

2014 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My car is the basic. It was all I needed for an economy commuter car. There are better Civic's out there if you want to pay more. Better technology, dashboard, radio, etc. I didn't need all that. Its a quick fun little car to buzz around in. It is a quiet ride, very tight too. Not a fan of the wipers intermittent feature, but I can live with it. I added an after market spoiler but in doing so, I had to move it back a bit so I could drill into the metal surface. The perfect car for high school graduate college commuter or adult commuter.

buy it with certified preown
By Susan Fong

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought it from dealership with clean history, no accidents. Honda's are always a good bet for a low mileage used car. They have good maintenance/repair record.