Used 2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2014 Honda LX COUPE - THE LITTLE MISSILE
By John Petrone

2014 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My car is the basic. It was all I needed for an economy commuter car. There are better Civic's out there if you want to pay more. Better technology, dashboard, radio, etc. I didn't need all that. Its a quick fun little car to buzz around in. It is a quiet ride, very tight too. Not a fan of the wipers intermittent feature, but I can live with it. I added an after market spoiler but in doing so, I had to move it back a bit so I could drill into the metal surface. The perfect car for high school graduate college commuter or adult commuter.

buy it with certified preown
By Susan Fong

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought it from dealership with clean history, no accidents. Honda's are always a good bet for a low mileage used car. They have good maintenance/repair record.

Dashboard is Too Weird
By Sad Honda

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

From 2013-15, Honda went weird on us and drastically changed the dashboard, giving it a bump out and putting the MPH in a weird spot. Too much of a learning curve for me to make when every other car I've ever driven has had it in the same spot, including a Civic I drove for 13 years.

I hope THIS one goes for 12 years and 225,000 mile
By Brad Rogers

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My last car was a 2001 Honda Civic LX, 5 speed manual transmission, that I bought used. I drove it for the past 12 years and it was rock solid. Loved every minute of it. It got great gas mileage (36-40 right up to the end. When it finally died I went with a used (2014) Honda Civic LX with the 1.8 L engine and CVT transmission. Although I've only owned it for two weeks, I'm loving it! This past weekend I drove it 1100 miles of highway, and it got 47.5 MPG! Those are numbers that I'd expect of a hybrid on city streets. The ride is smooth, the acceleration is smooth, the seats are comfortable, and the technology package is great for the price. I could not be happier with my purchase, and I'm looking forward to another decade+ with this car.

Frustratingly close to great
By J.B. Morris

2014 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Wife purchased a used 2014 Civic with 40k miles from a rental company over a year ago. The ride comfort is almost as smooth as a mid size car. It is by far the best CVT car I've driven and still has good power and passing ability while getting insane fuel economy on the highway. We've averaged 40 mpg on vacations and it gets nearly 50 mph in ideal highway driving conditions (it has real time mpg data). No reliability issues so far, which isn't surprising for a Honda. Two main complaints are the utter lack of cup holders - only two for the entire vehicle - and it's the hardest car I've had to get in and out of, a combination of it's low sitting position plus a slanting roof line. Also not much rear passenger room and no rear cup holders. It's a nice car for a single commuter but not if you often have more than 2 passengers.