Used 2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Very nice and fun to Drive

wl123, 02/06/2014
EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I recently bought a Civic ex and I love it. I went through back and forth deciding among Corolla, Prius, Yaris, Fit and Elantra for a month before ending up with the Civic. I like Civic from the get go but felt it was over priced compared to Corolla and others and took me a while to finally decide to buy it. Accord or Camry would have been a better value car when the price of Civic EX is a bit over $20K already but I needed a smaller car and gas saver for commute. I got it at sale for below invoice price so I am thrilled.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Good at everything

fronteeer, 12/05/2014
EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2014 Civic is a really inexpensive car. The mid-line EX with the fog lights option, has everything a premium car has, for under $22K, except leather. It's not as sporty as the WRX or Lancer, but it's sporty enough and way less expensive. It's not as powerful either, but it's more than powerful enough, even with Econ on all the time.

4 out of 5 stars

Probably not the target SI buyer!

rjgcyder, 12/02/2014
Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My wife bought a new CRX in 1989. When kids arrived in 1993 we part exchanged it for a more sensible car - much to her disappointment. The kids are now in college, so we looked around for a fun car, principally for my wife to commute, but also for the kids to use when the others are taken. Everyone wanted a manual transmission, so that limited the choice. We tried the GTI, BRZ, Mini Cooper and Mazda 3. My choice was the BRZ, but was overridden on the grounds of practicality. In the end my wife chose the SI as she found it the most fun to drive - once you have had a screaming Honda 4, nothing else quite has the buzz... 42 months / 35k miles after purchase - Nothing has gone wrong, and the interior / exterior show little, or no signs of age. A quality product. 60 months on.....little to report other than at 42k it required four new tires. Other than that, comments made at 42 months still apply.

5 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars

4.63 out of 5 stars

Best Compact for Commuting...go with EX Trim

tgrit68, 11/16/2014
EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Put aside the sporty and nifty handling of the Mazda3 and Ford Focus because what most commuters want for the 5-day grind is a smooth riding highway vehicle with low cockpit noise, and that's where the Honda Civic excels. I have been getting 33 mpg combined in city/highway driving or about 400 miles before the next refuel. On really long highway trips with the ECON button on, I have hit 40 mpg! The EX trim is where the value lies for commuters...rear disc brakes, auto headlights and "pothole friendly" 16 inch tires with beautiful alloy rims.

4.38 out of 5 stars

SIfy Fun

370zsifi, 07/04/2014
Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The lines on the car, to my eye, are well thought out and handsome. Although I have not put allot of miles on it yet, it is immediately apparent it is screwed together well. Just feels like a solid car. In the end if you are looking for a daily driver that is economical to purchase and own, one that is safe, that has got enough, "sport" to put a smile on your face, So far, for me, the SI nails it."

12345...12