Used 2001 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...57

Pros
Cons

happy

dane, 04/25/2016
LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2014, with 127k miles, i am a pizza delivery driver and it now has 171k miles. I've read a lot of other reviews and i can agree that when putting the car in gear from park to drive, or reverse to drive, it can slip if you step on the gas. My advice to you is: to make your tranny last, go easy on the accelerator right when you get into gear, giving your car this little time cushion will be alot safer on the transmission. you should be able feel the car drop in gear after going into drive. Other than preventative maintenance like the timing belt, water pump, oil changes, new tranny fluid, the best thing you can do is to take care of your car! do the oil changes every 5,000 miles. i started using fully synthetic oil in my car, but its up to you. I'm happy with my honda! <3

Honda civic 4 door 2001 AMAZING CAR!!

Britt, 02/26/2016
DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know what these other people are talking about this is an amazing RELIABLE vehicle mine has 200000 miles and still running great!!!!!!! Such low maintenance only the struts needed repairing after 4 years!! That's it! Looove my Honda

The unkillable honda

Chris, 06/03/2016
EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car just to get me through college thinking I would get something better once I got a decent job. I have said decent job but the car is hard to give up. I have been in 2 accidents with it both I was fine after and the car was running. Its never had any major repairs aside from a radiator after one accident. Fun to drive easy to upgrade. Compared to the 2002 corolla and 2006 acura RL I drove before the Civic by far was the best vehicle

2001 Honda Civic

rick248, 02/21/2013
EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My Civic has about 85K miles on it. Its been great until this morning when I found out it needed a new transmission. Checking on this, I found out that this is not uncommon for the 01 model: many folks have run into the same problem. Also found out, Honda had a program offering assistance with repairs that ran for 7 years or 100,000 miles. I was never informed about this and now am facing a big bill. I contacted Honda and they wished me well but said they could no longer offer any monetary assistance. I believe they should offer something because I was never notified. They usually have a great product but I think I'll look elsewhere in the future.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Andrew Kusterer, 03/14/2015
LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Civic back in 2005 with roughly 55,000 miles on it. It currently has 165,000 miles. Up until 150,000 there were rarely any problems aside from the general maintenance and the airbag/seatbelt recalls. Around 150,000 I had to change the driver side CV axle assembly as the boots were leaking lubricant. The worst thing about the interior is that the headliner is drooping which started about four years ago. The car is currently running well and I look forward to the next 100,000 miles.

12345...57