Used 2004 GMC Envoy XUV Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 GMC Envoy XUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XUV model:

A gem with a fatal flaw :-(
By Jamsheri

2004 GMC Envoy XUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very well appointed vehicle but I believe the programmer who designed the rear technology for this vehicle suffered from delusions of grandeur. The roof mechanism and tailgate/ glass components are fatally integrated and when one goes bad it renders the other useless. When that happens an incessant dinging alarm sounds continuously while the vehicle is moving making it annoying to drive. Unfortunately, most of the websites that offer any clues on how to fix these things haven't been visited by anyone who can help you since 2014. Even the dealership service department doesn't have any answers without paying whatever they charge to troubleshoot the problem.

Ed's Envoy
By Edward Goss

2004 GMC Envoy XUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Envoy. Bought it new for my company vehicle. Retired and moved to Florida. Took my Envoy with me. Expenses have been minimal to own

love my xuv
By Tonya

2004 GMC Envoy XUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my xuv for 2 years and I absolutely love it !!! Love the retractable roof and love that everything happens at a touch of a few buttons !

Smart Idea - Poor repair record
By Faith

2004 GMC Envoy XUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The SUV that literally turns into a pickup is a great idea. Being able to lay a full sheet of drywall or plywood flat in the rear cargo area is another great design. My issue with the vehicle is all the repairs that have had to happen and I barely have break in mileage on the vehicle at 78,000. I've had to replace the thermostat; it's had 3 sets of tires; the front and rear sway bar links have been replaced; when I am sitting at a stop, the speedometer reads as high as 40 (this number varies at different times). Other instrument panel gauges often show the wrong information. And last but not least, I am now experiencing issues with the transmission. I've owned other GM vehicles and this has been my least favorite experience as far as repairs. I like the vehicle overall. I just don't thing I should have so many repair bills for 78,000 miles.

Versatility to the MAX!
By outdoorsman3

2004 GMC Envoy XUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my XUV for nearly 2 years and I am very impressed. Very versatile vehicle. It allows me to travel comfortably, tow moderate weight trailers and boats, The conversion to Pick-up function has proved to be extremely useful. Highly recommend for any driver who needs an SUV but really wants a truck.

The collapsible mid-gate offers a spacious truck bed. The rear roof opens up for hauling tall objects. Controls inside are very convenient

Make a 2016 model XUV. Thanks GMC!