2019 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $4,574
Select your model:
1...345678

Pros
Cons

Transmission Ruins the whole car

John Z, 09/14/2020
SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2019 AWD and it was great for the first 2500 miles or so, then the transmission started to slip on the 2 to 3 upshift. Now at 9100 miles it shifts horrible and you feel very downshift too. The car feels like someone is stepping on the brake between shifts. Rest of the car is ok. Looks good to me and handles ok. The stock headlights are the dimmest I've ver seen. had to upgrade bulbs just to see where I was going. Thx goodness mines a lease. RUN AWAY. Not a good car.

Love most things about it.

Sarah B., 09/15/2020
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Acadia for about 1.5 years. It's a very smooth riding car and a perfect fit for my family. It has pretty much all the bells and whistles (except a few things listed below that I would expect in the top trim). I've had a few things go wrong. The transmission valve bodies had to be replaced at about 15,500 miles due to a shudder I noticed as I accelerated. Also, the drivers mirror had to be replaed as it was stuck in the tipped down position after going in reverse and then back into drive. Luckily, all that was covered under warranty. There are a few things I scratch my head about though. For example, there are no seat belt adjusters available. For someone who is only 5'4" I don't have any option to adjust the seatbelt and it cuts me across the neck. Yes, I can raise the seat but that's still not ideal for me. Also, manual folding mirrors only and no blinker in the mirrors. Really? For the top trim, I'm disappointed that these features aren't standard or even available. Those seem to be features you find in even base models on some cars/SUV's. I have about 18,200 on it now and the verdict is out on how long I'll keep it.

1...345678