Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Fun fun fun
By L p cross

2005 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought it for my wife to drive around Palm Springs, though it was cute, bought it on a whim when saw it on display, considered it a girl’s car. Did not expec the performance, the thing is really quite a hottie. The reviews say ho hum, but I drive performance cars, and this Bird is no slouch. Hey, I paid $22,000 for a pristine gem, sure beats the price of a Porsche. O.K, it is not an exotic racing machine, but more comfortable than my old Porshe, with a very cushy ride. It is ideal for cruising down the blvd., top down on a warm evening. I also get far more comments on it virtually everywhere we go, people really like it. I has that great Americana persona.Oh yeah, I let my wife driv it occasionally. I just can’t keep my hands off of it.

Wife...."When we get a convertible again...."
By Allan Yeager

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought because a friend gave my wife a ride in hers....."I want a Thunderbird like J. only I want a red one." Searched for the perfect one and found one a day's drive away. It had all the options, Select shift auto-stick trans., Premium model inc. heated seats and chrome wheels...opt. Removeable hard top with port holes, full color interior. All have leather interior and Sony Audiophile Sound with 8 spkrs. We bought in 2009 with 34k on it. Eight years later it has 60k on it. We paid $20800 and dealer retail now with 60k on it is $21500. When you buy, check if cops have been replaced. (Coil on plug) Maintenance costs are normal. This car was never meant to be a Corvette killer, but has PLENTY of power! 0-60 in 6.1 sec. The '02s have 252 hp, '03-'05 have 280. It is electronically limited to 132. (I have read) Fast enough for anyone. Rides very nice. Get used to stares and questions....and you'll have "fun, fun, fun 'till her daddy takes the T-Bird away."

Love the T Bird
By valor trooper

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Only has 2 seats and limited space in the interior for additional items. Trunk is more than adequate to accommodate luggage or golf clubs. A really neat cruising car! Takes you back to the good old days of T-Bird but with modern updates (air conditioning, cruise control, dual climate control, power disc brakes, 12 volt system, cd player, power steering & brakes, and other nice updates). Will cruise down the roadway with the best ! My T-Bird is a 2005 50th anniversary model convertible, color is red with black leather interior, black convertible top w/ electric defrost, and a Ford T-Bird white hardtop with round portal and electric defrost.Whenever we travel the vehicle commands interest, attention, and questions from both the curious and admirers! No regrets or concerns regarding my purchase of this great road car. Uses premium fuel but delivers 22-25 mpg even traveling the interstates at 65-70 miles per hour. Get one while the price is still reasonable, and target the 2005 50th Anniversary model T-Bird for the best holding value.

'05 T-bird
By gfrompitt

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car. Loved it when it came out but was hoping for a standard transmission. Of course that is impossible now days. Car is not really a sports car, more of a sporty couple. It handles great but is no racer. I'd like it to be a little more stiff in the turns but for most people, they'd rather have the comfort ride. Haven't had to put a nickel into it since I've owned it. great car.

Love the two tops and port-hole hardtop turns lots of heads. people stop me all the time and want to talk.

Just a standard transmission and the tighter suspension.

Drive It Like You Stole It!
By Fearless in Cashmere

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have always loved the Classic Birds. I used to help my brother Jeff restore them when we were growing up. So when the Retro Birds came out, I had to get one. I waited until the last year & got my 2005 50th Anniversary Thunderbird "Cashmere" Edition #884/1500. This is a very solid car!I trust this car impicitly, having driven it cross-country twice and drive it daily. Still have had NO problems -except a little COP issue (not police officers!), & that's why I gave "Build Quality" a 9. But beyond that, eveything works very well. I got a solid 22mpg city/hwy mix but since I put on a K&N cold air intake I'm up around 24+ even with my driving. I hope you enjoy driving one as much as I do! Peace!

I love the fact that the sound system automatically changes its scheme depending on whether the top is down, driver only, driver/passenger. Very nice. I love the memory steering wheel too. (It freaked me out a little though when I got in the car the first time...). I also like Randy Perry in Service

I'd have liked to seen the "Retro Birds" to have the swing out steering wheel along with the turn out drivers seat. It would be a great option - especially after a long drive! Pluse, I think it would add so me elegance to it. You know, "Form meeting Function"? And improve inside glare on dash panel.