Used 2016 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Screwed
By Vicki

2016 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Poor trade in or resale value. Discontinued model.

Comfort and Dependability
By Michael Casey

2016 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Cabin design not for everyone. SYNC 3 system is absolutely top notch. Cavernous trunk. Safe, solid and dependable. I have had zero issues with the car in 2 years. For a large car the mileage is good (22-23 mpg, commuting and around town, and I’m heavy on the gas pedal). I find performance with the base engine to be very good. I’m a large person (6’5, 260) and I have plenty of room. A good all-around sedan.

Black Beauty
By Jack C

2016 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is sharp looking and has a classic look. It is roomy and comfortable. With heated seats and a sunroof it is fun to drive in all seasons. The trunk is huge and easily accessible from both inside and out. It is too bad Ford will be discontinuing the Taurus as it looks and acts like a luxury sedan at half the price. Depreciation seems to be greater than similar cars.

Don’t believe the “pros”
By Doesn’t buy junk

2016 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been reading review after review of the so called “pros” bashing this car. Don’t let their bias distract you from a sharp, smooth, quiet pleasurable ride. This is a great car. It’s spacious (I’m 6’1, 215lbs) Even if your bigger than me, you’ll fit in any seat. If your smaller than me, get ready for comfort. It’s quick. No, it’s not going to break a land speed record, but let me tell you-I’m coming from a 2015 Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost. This is a welcome change to the jarring, snappy, midsize “discount” Ford. I also have a 2014 F-150. This is my favorite of the 3. The AWD is unshakable. It’s not a race car, don’t expect it to be. I have a wife and a 10 month old in a rearward car seat. This car is perfect for us. Forget the naysayers and the “pros.” The Accord is boring. The Camry is uninspired. The Impala screams “I’m old!” The Charger...lol-don’t get me started. Go for the bull. She might be dated, but she’s tried, she’s true, she’s American.

UPDATE: We have had our Taurus for 6 months now and put about 10k on it. Lots of family trips. Just recently took a 5 hour ride to Canada. Tons more luggage space that the Buick I rented earlier in the summer. The ride is like being on you sofa at home. No regrets on this buy.

First Time Ford
By Mike

2016 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Huge Trunk, Fold down rear seats,rear heated seats option,sunroof (make sure you also get the windscreen as it cuts wind noise at least 90% at highway speeds)Nav system works fine (make sure the dealer has updated it to the latest maps) 20 inch rim tires are fine on average roads ,but stiff on less than average roads (you'll notice a harder ride,I don't mind but some may not be accustomed to such a ride) Smaller rims like the 19inch will give less of a bump. At the end of the day I like it ( the Taurus Limited) better than the Lexus 350 That I traded in on the Ford. MPG varies but say 20 mpg city 29 mpg highway . Reg Gas