Used 2016 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Black Beauty
By Jack C

2016 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is sharp looking and has a classic look. It is roomy and comfortable. With heated seats and a sunroof it is fun to drive in all seasons. The trunk is huge and easily accessible from both inside and out. It is too bad Ford will be discontinuing the Taurus as it looks and acts like a luxury sedan at half the price. Depreciation seems to be greater than similar cars.

Don’t believe the “pros”
By Doesn’t buy junk

2016 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been reading review after review of the so called “pros” bashing this car. Don’t let their bias distract you from a sharp, smooth, quiet pleasurable ride. This is a great car. It’s spacious (I’m 6’1, 215lbs) Evrn if your bigger than me, you’ll fit in any seat. If your smaller me, get ready for comfort. It’s quick. No, it’s not going to break a land speed record, but let me tell you-I’m coming from a 2015 Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost. This is a welcome change to the jarring, snappy, midsize “discount” Ford. I also have a 2014 F-150. This is my favorite of the 3. The AWD is unshakable. It’s not a race car, don’t expect it to be. I have a wife and a 10 month old in a rearward car seat. This car is perfect for us. Forget the naysayers and the “pros.” The Accord is boring. The Camry is uninspired. The Impala screams “I’m old!” The Charger...lol-don’t get me started. Go for the bull. She’s might be dated, but she’s tried, she’s true, she’s American.

First Time Ford
By Mike

2016 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Huge Trunk, Fold down rear seats,rear heated seats option,sunroof (make sure you also get the windscreen as it cuts wind noise at least 90% at highway speeds)Nav system works fine (make sure the dealer has updated it to the latest maps) 20 inch rim tires are fine on average roads ,but stiff on less than average roads (you'll notice a harder ride,I don't mind but some may not be accustomed to such a ride) Smaller rims like the 19inch will give less of a bump. At the end of the day I like it ( the Taurus Limited) better than the Lexus 350 That I traded in on the Ford. MPG varies but say 20 mpg city 29 mpg highway . Reg Gas

A wonderful surprise!
By J. Amick

2016 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2016 Taurus SEL in May of 2017 to replace a string of three Buicks that I owned previously. To my surprise, my Taurus rides just as well, is as quiet, and is more comfortable and gets better gas mileage than my Buicks. I did not buy it for performance, but the engine and transmission are more than adequate. Because it is a sedan, and was over a year old when I bought it, I got a GREAT purchase price, and now, six months later, have absolutely no buyer's remorse for purchasing the 2016 Ford Taurus. Great job, Ford!

Meet ZEUS...2016 Taurus SEL
By Pegasus

2016 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this car and luv, luv, luv it. I've read many reviews prior to purchase and find them somewhat inaccurate. First what I luv, I feel very safe and comfortable in this beefy but cozy vehicle. It goes from 0 to 60 in six seconds so I can get away or get there, not only fast but in head turning style. The back up camera is a dream and because of the fortress like body, causing limited vision, the back up camera is the right answer. Complaints I've read included limited all around vision, well I drive more carefully and I like the privacy the design provides. I also read a totally inaccurate review that the headlights don't illuminate the road on either side of the car...WRONG, the headlights provide 180 degrees of light and illuminate the roadway perfectly. this car has a 5 star safety rating and good old fashioned made in America support from the dealer. The only thing that I would like to see improvement on is a increase in the size of the space between driver and passenger seats. I used to be able to put a small refuse container there and am not able to do that in the car. A small price to pay in exchange for a great, quiet, wonderfully smooth, fast acting, comfortable ride. you can't go wrong with this American made Ford car, especially because the American company didn't take any tax payer bailout money. SUPPORT YOU COUNTRY BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE....THANKS FORD, FOR KEEPING US
SAFE AND COMPHY.

FEB 2018 UPDATE...CHANGED CAR NAME FROM PEGASUS TO ZEUS TO MANY SYLLABLES IN THE FORMER. STILL LUV, LUV, LUV THE TAURUS. ZEUS HAS BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR AND BEAUTIFUL SPARKLY GRAY EXTERIOR PAINT JOB. LAST SUMMER IS WAS BEING DRAWN TO THE WHITE GOLD EXTERIOR AND CREAM COLORED LEATHER INTERIOR...SO MUCH SO THAT I WENT TO TEST DRIVE A TAURUS IN THAT COLOR COMBO. I GOT OVER INTEREST IN THAT CAR IN A HURRY, THE INTERIOR FELT CRAMPED AND THE RIDE JUST DIDN'T SEEM AS GOOD AS MY ZEUS. ZEUS' BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR GIVES A CAVERNOUS FEEL AND I LUV THE GLITTERY GRAY EXTERIOR. THE CAR DRIVES LIKE A DREAM AND AS BEFORE I FEEL VERY SAFE IN THIS VEHICLE. FORD SHOULD REALLY MAKE BLIND SPOT MONITORING STANDARD. I'VE CHANGED MY DRIVING HABITS TO ACCOMODATE THE BLIND SPOT. I'M DRIVING MUCH MORE CAREFULLY SO IT' NOT A BAD THING, BUT HAVING BLIND SPOT MONITOING WOULD BE A BETTER OPTION TO KEEP DRIVERS AND OTHERS SAFE. OTHER THAN THAT I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THE TAURUS AND FEEL IT WILL BE A GOOD RELIABLE VEHICLE FOR A GOOD LONG TIME. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR CAR HUNT. THANKS AGAIN FORD FOR MAKING SUCH A SAFE, RELIABLE MADE IN THE USA VEHILCE.