Used 2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The bottom top
By Thomas Wyman

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The support bar for the top in back has a cap that fell halfway off a week after I purchased my new Mustang, and I snapped it back in place a couple times over the next week or so. After about two weeks I found a small hole in my top, drivers side and 5-6 inches up, it was shaped like a little finger nail. When I took it in to have it looked at, Dewey Ford in Ankeny, Iowa, the serviceman said he would have to take pictures and send them to Ford. A few days later he called me and said Ford wanted pictures from the inside, the sides and as it is raised and lowered. The serviceman took pictures as requested by Ford, stopping several time on the way up and down, and he took several shots up close to the hole I was having checked. When the top was put back up there was then a second hole that looked just like the first one. The serviceman took several close up shots on both of the holes and sent them into Ford for evaluation. Several days later he contacted me and told me Ford said it is not their responsibility because "It is vandalism". I ended up having to go through my insurance company and it cost me $200, I have a very low deduction rate. The plastic cap on the support bar was missing some screws, but when it was repaired they just put a couple zip ties on it to hold it. When the top was replace with an original ford top I had them screw the cap on like it should have been do to start, it was the Chevy dealer that replaced it.

What a RIDE!!!
By Nancy Wilson

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The only problem I have with this car was FORD decided to place 1st gear and REVERSE together. Having learned and used 5th gear for REVERSE for years, I couldn't get comfortable with it being in 1st. Lots of stops with sudden movements BACKWARDS!

Love my Mustang
By Mark L

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 different Mustangs in my life and this is by far the best. Extremely reliable, great sound system, good gas mileage (Regular unleaded in my V6). I have had no problems with my car at all over the last 4 years - it still looks and runs like it's brand new. Everything inside and out has held up very well. I really have zero complaints.

I love my mustang
By Al Urban

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great value for what you get. I will buy another one

LOVE LOVE MY PONY!
By Camslaw

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a Mustang Convertible! I did some research as to what I wanted, I knew I didn't want brand new. I found this baby for not only a great price but in perfect condition. I did have her detailed as the dealers just don't do justice for a wash. She is beautiful and I didn't think I would love a car as much as I love her! She just wants to go when I am on the open road. I live in a beach town so the convertible is a must and turns many a head! I am sure the gas will go quicker as I love to just drive her. There is not much room in the back for large adults so if you have more than two people on a regular basis, I would not go for this. But the average adult once in awhile will enjoy it as much as I do.