Used 2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Lots of car can equal lots of fun!
By Josh S.

2014 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2014 GT (base), automatic with 50,000 miles on it but was taken care of and overall, couldn't even tell it had that many miles on it. This was actually my third Mustang owned, but my first GT model. And as a result, I will never go back to the V6. The V8 is a bulletproof engine and with the 420 hp that its putting out, it's a force to be reckoned with. It handles well for a muscle car, has good visibility for its size & styling, the acceleration is top notch, and the interior, while basic, just works and is moderately well-put together. It's a muscle car, not a luxury car and it doesn't try to be anything else. In the year and a half that I owned it, along with adding 20,000 more miles to the odometer, the car had very little to no mechanical problems and the only work that needed to be done was updating the break pads and changing the oil. I have since then had to sell the car do to growing family needs. I honestly wish I could've had more time with it because as a daily driver, it was simply a joy like none other. Every drive didn't feel like an event unless you wanted it to be and it could accommodate lead foots or easy cruise drivers. So overall, if you want a fun, reliable, and fast ride then look no further than the 2013-2014 Mustang GT!

I Love my Pony car
By Jason

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Allow me to start by saying I bought mine used. I have always loved the S197 model with its call back to the 60s. This was my first convertible. I live 30 miles from the coast here in Texas. This car is perfect. With 305 hp, this pretty girl will get me on and off the freeway with no worries. You can feel the power from the Solid Rear Axle. At 70 mph, if you need to pass, then give it gas. It still pulls with muscle. Mine is sterling gray, so named her Storm because she looks like a storm on the horizon. (Plus,Storm is a stripper name and she takes her top down) I had an issue with her going to limp mode after I got her. Took Lee in under the 90 Day dealership warranty. Turns out she had a bad molded lead frame (the computer brain and sensor panel for the transmission. I paid $60 dollars on a $1200 dollar job. Being a used car, I say that’s more than fair. Now she runs beautifully and is perfect for driving the back roads down to the coast with the top down. With a little mood music or a good playlist it turns a commute to a mini vacation.

The bottom top
By Thomas Wyman

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The support bar for the top in back has a cap that fell halfway off a week after I purchased my new Mustang, and I snapped it back in place a couple times over the next week or so. After about two weeks I found a small hole in my top, drivers side and 5-6 inches up, it was shaped like a little finger nail. When I took it in to have it looked at, Dewey Ford in Ankeny, Iowa, the serviceman said he would have to take pictures and send them to Ford. A few days later he called me and said Ford wanted pictures from the inside, the sides and as it is raised and lowered. The serviceman took pictures as requested by Ford, stopping several time on the way up and down, and he took several shots up close to the hole I was having checked. When the top was put back up there was then a second hole that looked just like the first one. The serviceman took several close up shots on both of the holes and sent them into Ford for evaluation. Several days later he contacted me and told me Ford said it is not their responsibility because "It is vandalism". I ended up having to go through my insurance company and it cost me $200, I have a very low deduction rate. The plastic cap on the support bar was missing some screws, but when it was repaired they just put a couple zip ties on it to hold it. When the top was replace with an original ford top I had them screw the cap on like it should have been do to start, it was the Chevy dealer that replaced it.

What a RIDE!!!
By Nancy Wilson

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The only problem I have with this car was FORD decided to place 1st gear and REVERSE together. Having learned and used 5th gear for REVERSE for years, I couldn't get comfortable with it being in 1st. Lots of stops with sudden movements BACKWARDS!

Love my Mustang
By Mark L

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 different Mustangs in my life and this is by far the best. Extremely reliable, great sound system, good gas mileage (Regular unleaded in my V6). I have had no problems with my car at all over the last 4 years - it still looks and runs like it's brand new. Everything inside and out has held up very well. I really have zero complaints.