Used 1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mustang SVT Cobra model:

98 Cobra
By Rob

1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

Worth the extra money over GT model

Snake in my driveway
By Low Buck Larry

1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

I'm 70 years old, and have owned approximately 80 cars in my lifetime, including street rods, muscle cars from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. My '98 Cobra, is one of the best all around performance cars, that I have owned. The car looks great, sounds great, accelerates great, and gets great gas mileage, for a performance car {I've gotten 27 mpg at 70 miles an hour, on the Interstate.

Lots of fun
By J rod

The Dark Knight
By Rick

1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

My 1998 SVT Mustang Cobra is an absolute "time machine". When I slide in behind the FR500 steering wheel and fire up that SVT motor the sound just is incredible, like no other. Suddenly I am eighteen again, not sixty. A Cobra has a very unique exhaust tone. Put the convertible top down and it is even sweeter. My SVT Cobra has been modified, balanced and blue printed with select aftermarket and FRPP parts that churn out six hundred horsepower. My Cobra is #2931 of 3480 made that year and I have all the documentation, including the original window sticker, owners manual, etc. My wife, children and grandkids love this Cobra about as much as I do. Love my Dark Knight!!

Tire shredding power and spot on handling due to the suspension changes I have had made. It is currently set up for road racing. What a rush!! Great collector car and head-turner wherever we go.

The transmission hates to be "speed shifted" and gives you a noticeable grind to show it's displeasure. Stock clutch was a little weak for hard service driving. The long tube headers, high flow cats and Flowmaster system really helps to uncork the beast within.

What A Snake!
By lvnnfstln

1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Have had his car since new. Mods started within 200 miles, springs, caster camber plates, flowmasters, etc. I've done everything to this car over the years and drive it a bit aggressively (3 speeding tickets). It was purchased to use as weekend driver/car show duty. Everything is chromed, polished, powder coated, painted/waxed and very clean. Old p600 procharger (with inner cooler), 75 shot NOS, DVD, Subs, upgraded stereo, race seats, no rear seats, Lambo doors, carbon fiber hood (same cobra style) interior done with real cobra snakeskin accents carbon fiber, polished billet, etc, etc, too much more to list. Bottom line never really had any problems with it, other than normal.

Strong aftermarker support. I've replaced almost everything on this car that I've bought at car shows, web sites, etc.

When called by SVT 6 months after purchase, my answer was: Why aren't hood vents functional "Ram-Air?" And - This sure would be a lot more fun with a supercharger. (which I did soon therafter anyway)